The Sony HXC-D70L CMOS HD Camera Head with Viewfinder is a professional studio camera for capturing multiple HD formats, including 1080i. Utilizing 3x 2/3" type Exmor Full-HD CMOS sensors, this camera is able to capture richly detailed, high resolution imagery with marked sensitivity (F12 for 1080/60i, F13 for 1080/50i). It also features a signal-to-noise ratio of 59 dB and a high horizontal resolution of 1,000 TVL (in 1080i).
In addition to the high resolution afforded by this camera, a number of picture adjustment functions are also supported. Skin-tone detail allows either the enhancement or suppression of detailing for specific hues or chroma areas within the image, such as human skin tones. 7 types of standard and 4 types of hyper gamma tables are featured, providing film-like quality and a wide dynamic range (up to 600%). A knee saturation tool is also integrated for the adjustment of hue and chroma in highlights for control of skin tones under harsh lighting conditions.
Also included are a 3.5" / 88.9mm color LCD viewfinder and a monaural microphone with windscreen. The monocular viewfinder provides a digital HD interface to the camera for better control of and more precise focusing and composing of shots.
- 3-Chip 2/3" Type Exmor Full-HD CMOS Sensors
- 3x 2/3" type Exmor CMOS sensors produce full HD video with high clarity, resolution, and detail. The camera is able to record in both NTSC and PAL formats, including 1080/60i, 720/60p, 1080/50i, and 720/50p. Additionally, there is a built-in wide-band down-converter for recording SD imagery.
- Multicore Cable Connection to CCU
- Only one single multicore cable is necessary for connection to a remote camera control unit. This simplistic interface increases efficiency and ease for live production applications.
- Variety of Picture Adjustment Functions
- A wide range of picture adjustment functions are offered, including skin-tone detail; selection of multiple gamma and hyper gamma; knee-saturation; adaptive matrix; color saturation; low key saturation; auto lens aberration compensation (ALAC); 2x digital video extender; and focus assist functions. There is also a built in optical ND filter with electrical CC filter for in-camera adjustment, reducing the need for extraneous filters to be used over the lens.
- Ergonomic and Intuitive Interface
- Programmable buttons and a simplistic layout allow for easy accessibility and an easily navigable design. Standalone operation is possible with a standard shoe and battery mount. Three auxiliary accessory shoes are also placed on the camera body for further accessory compatibility and attachment. There is also an adjustable shoulder pad for comfort during handheld use.
- Color LCD Viewfinder and Microphone
- The 3.5" / 88.9mm monocular color LCD viewfinder provides a clear, digital HD interface to the camera for better control of and more precise focusing and composing of shots. The monaural microphone comes with a windscreen for better recording quality and is mounted to the camera via a port on the viewfinder.