The Sony HXCU-D70 Camera Control Unit is a CCU for controlling parameters of the HXC-D70 studio HD camera remotely. The 1.5 RU-high device offers ergonomically friendly front-panel control over the camera's iris, master/black levels, white levels, auto white balance, and auto black balance. With two assignable switches and an assignable potentiometer, the HXCU-D70 offers a high level of custom control.
The CCU connects to the camera via one multi-core cable, and it features an Ethernet port (100 BaseT) for IP-based control over the HXC-D70. There's also a standard 8-pin remote control interface. Monitoring outputs choices are very broad, with four HD/SD-SDI outs, plus analog composite, HD/SD component, HDMI, and S-Video. There are also HD/SD reference input, tally & intercom, and composite (VBS) return video & teleprompter inputs.
- Compact size: 19" wide and 1.5 RU high for mounting in a standard EIA rack
- Flexible camera control capabilities include two assignable switches and a potentiometer
- The CCU can be locked to an external sync signal. Either an HD tri-level sync signal or an SD sync (black burst) signal can be used as the sync signal
- Auto-tracking white balance (ATW) for quick operation indoors and outdoors
- Ergonomically designed front control panel for easy execution of basic functions and adjustment of the monitor image, plus menu operation for deeper control and adjustments
- A variety of input/output ports are available, including high-performance down-converted SD signals
- HD signals from the camera can be converted to high-quality SD output signals using the wideband down-converter. The output signal aspect ratio can be set to 4:3 edge crop, 16:9 squeeze, or letterbox
- Just one standard multi-core 26-pin (CCZ-A/CCZ-AD) cable is necessary for camera control, offering low-loss digital transmission regardless of cable length
- Cable alarm indications
- Camera power indications
- 8-pin remote and Ethernet control capability
- MemoryStick slot for servicing the HXCU-D70
- RS-232C data trunk line for easy data transmission from an external device