The hiFace from M2Tech is a compact USB to S/PDIF converter that allows for delivering superior sound streaming from a computer via the USB port. The output can be plugged into any digital to analog converter that accepts S/PDIF signals.
Digital audio up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution is enhanced by two stable oscillators combined with custom stable drivers for both Mac and Windows systems. The unit features an RCA coaxial output and is powered from the USB bus.
- Compact USB to S/PDIF converter
- Two highly stable quartz precision oscillators feature very low jitter and phase noise
- Features excellent hort and long range clock stability compared to oscillators normally found on commercial CD players, and reinforced by a board supply voltage regulator
- A more stable clock is recovered by the DAC S/PDIF receiver leading to very limited image distortion and degradation
- hiFace proprietary drivers allow for maintaining the original file quality without any loss of resolution
- Sampling frequency rate constraints are also overcome, allowing for streaming 24-bit/192kHz S/PDIF music files to a DAC with certain player application
- Drivers available for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, as well as Mac drivers for 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6
- RCA coaxial S/PDIF output
- No external power supply required