The Young from M2Tech is a two-channel digital-to-analog converter that has been designed to better integrate external audio equipment (CDs, DVD players, etc.,) with computers in the home entertainment market. Encased in a stylish aluminum case, the converter allows for a non-invasive placement in any living space.
Oversampling filters with minimum pre-echo and phase linearity define the excellent signal quality, while S/PDIF, AES/EBU and TOSLink digital inputs provide for a wide selection of digital audio connectivity. A high-speed asynchronous USB connection is capable of handling up to a 384kHz sampling rate with 32-bit resolution on the USB input.
- Integrated system for interfacing home audio equipment with a computer in a tight and synergistic manner
- High performance D/A converter capable of handling up to 384kHz sampling rate and 32 bits resolution (USB input)
- High-speed asynchronous USB input based on hiFace technology
- Input set includes S/PDIF on RCA coaxial and BNC, AES/EBU on XLR and optical on TOSLink connectors
- Three digit blue LED matrix display indicates selected input or sampling rate
- Oversampling filter, custom-made on a programmable logic device (FPGA) implements minimum phase filters optimized for sound quality with very low noise floor
- 32-bit D/A integrated circuit is used in a non-conventional mode to allow for 768kHz internal operation
- Output buffer uses a special operational amplifier with very low noise and THD values due to its class-A biased output stage