The Ikelite Compact Underwater Housing for Olympus XZ-1 is a waterproof housing for your Olympus XZ-1 digital camera. The injection molded clear polycarbonate case, known for its strength and corrosion-free properties, has a depth rating of 200' (60 m). All camera controls except the Flash Open Switch are fully functional through the housing. Two 12-24 threaded mounts on the bottom of the housing enable the secure attachment of optional trays and lighting accessories.
Proprietary conversion circuitry allows 2-way communication between the camera and Ikelite Substrobes delivering true TTL exposure. Not only does this give you the most accurate automatic exposure, it also ensures faster recycle time and longer camera battery life compared to fiber optic TTL systems. You can attach any current model Ikelite DS Substrobe to this housing. The included flash diffuser improves lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used.
Color correction filters replace some of the reds, oranges and more natural tones that would otherwise be lost underwater. This housing accepts the optional filters #6441.46 for tropical blue water and #6441.86 for green water. Wide-angle lenses get you closer to your subject while still fitting everything in-frame, cutting down on distance and distortion to give you better, clearer images. The housing accepts the WD-4 Wide Angle Conversion Dome, which corrects for refractive magnification to give the full angle of coverage of the camera's lens underwater. For extreme close-up work, the optional adapter #9306.82 enables the use of 67 mm threaded macro lenses from Inon and Epoque.
- Injection molded clear polycarbonate
- Depth Rating
- 200' (60 m)
- Mechanical controls allow access to all camera functions except the Flash Open Switch
- Color Correction Filters
- Accepts optional filters #6441.46 for tropical blue water and #6441.86 for green water. For optimum results, it's recommended that you use them in combination with a manual white balance
- Wide-Angle Lens
- WD-4 Wide Angle Conversion Dome corrects for refractive magnification to give the full angle of coverage of the camera's lens underwater. Can be removed and replaced underwater and requires no modification to the housing's port
- Macro Lens
- Optional adapter #9306.82 slides over the front of the lens port, enabling attachment of 67 mm threaded macro lenses from Inon and Epoque. Can be removed and replaced underwater and requires no modification to the housing's port
- Included Flash Diffuser
- Improves lighting quality when camera's built-in flash is used
- Included Flash Deflector
- Prevents the camera's flash from creating backscatter in the image
- TTL Flash Exposure
- All current (as of 9/12/11) model DS strobes are fully compatible (not included). Older DS50 or DS125 Substrobes may require circuitry updates. DS series Substrobes eliminate need for camera's built-in flash to fire, improving recycle time and camera battery life and allowing you to take more photos faster. A single or dual tray and handle is required for the attachment of an external strobe (not included). Optional AF35 AutoFlash Kit provides automatic TTL exposure by optical signal from camera's built-in flash
- Non-Ikelite External Strobes
- Special optional sync cords are available to connect non-Ikelite strobes from Nikonos, Inon, and Sea & Sea to the housing. Non-Ikelite strobes are usable in manual modes only. Strobes with a slave feature can be triggered by the camera's flash or by an Ikelite Substrobe. Optional tray and handle #9571.3 features a 1.0" (2.5 cm) ball for attachment to the top of the housing's release handle. This provides a mounting point for Ultralight, TLC, and other non-Ikelite arm systems, on which you can mount external strobes
- Video Lighting
- For occasional clips, the Pro-V8 is great for close-up work and focus assistance, while for the serious shooter, the powerful PRO-2800 is recommended for maximum output and versatility. Tray with release handle(s) is required for attachment (not included)