The Vivotek FD8162 Fixed Dome Network Camera lets you shoot high-quality images at full HD resolution up to 1080p (2 MP) at 30 fps. Compared to a standard VGA camera, the dome camera can provide a 6 times larger field-of-view for monitoring wider areas such as factories, warehouses, building entrances, airports, or applications that require accurate identification.
Defined by its true day/night function, the dome camera switches between color and B&W as per changes in ambient lighting, ensuring accurate color reproduction in daylight and enhanced B&W images at night. Built-in IR-cut filter eliminates IR bleed in the daytime to produce detailed color video, while the integrated IR illuminators capture clear images up to 49' (15 m) in complete darkness. WDR enhancement function makes image details more visible for monitoring even in brightly lit areas.
The camera's ePTZ (Electronic pan/tilt/zoom) capabilities allow you to focus instantly for close-up shots without moving the camera physically. It also prevents the camera from mechanical wear and tear since it contains no moving parts.
Supporting H.264 compression technology, the network camera reduces video file sizes without compromising on the quality and integrity of images. Additionally, the dome camera is compatible with MPEG-4 and MJPEG compression formats.
Should you want to focus on capturing only those wandering visitors, the PIR (passive infrared) sensor with thermal characteristics can be activated. Moreover, built-in Focus Assist button will help you precisely adjust the camera focus.
- 2 MP CMOS sensor
- Full HD resolution up to 1080p at 30 fps
- 3-9 mm varifocal board lens, f/1.2
- Removable IR-cut filter produce detailed color video
- Night vision up to 49' (15 m) with built-in IR illuminators
- Minimum illumination 0.08 lux
- H.264, MJPEG, and MPEG-4 compression technology
- Multiple simultaneous streams
- True day/night function ensures accurate color reproduction in daylight and enhanced B&W images at night
- WDR enhancement corrects extreme lighting environments marked by high-contrast and harsh backlit scenes, making image details more visible for monitoring
- ePTZ function for focusing on close-up shots of different areas without moving the camera physically
- Backlight Compensation adjusts video gain to correct the exposure when the object being captured is in front of a bright light
- Auto White Balance adjusts the red and blue signals by taking a standard white color reference to get the most natural colors
- Privacy Masking allows you to mask designated portions of the scene for privacy reasons
- Triple-window motion detection - customizes the motion detection system to only monitor specific areas
- PIR (passive infrared) sensor with thermal characteristics sends email notifications and triggers an alarm when motion is detected
- Image Settings
- Focus Assist button helps you precisely adjust the camera focus
- Brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, white balance, and exposure can be configured
- Video cropping
- 2-way audio support allows you to communicate with visitors or potential intruders from the operator's base station with a built-in microphone
- MicroSD/SDHC card slot for on-board storage
- IP filtering restricts system-access and system-control to selected users
- Password protection supports multi-level password protection and allows only those operators to access the camera who has a user name and password
- 802.3af compliant PoE supplies power to the camera from the network itself without requiring any extra wiring for auxiliary power outlets
- Quick and easy hassle-free installation in 4 steps