With a design that straddles the line between tablet and laptop, the ASUS 16GB Eee Pad Slider SL101 Tablet (Pearl White) offers several computing solutions for both work and play. It's a highly-portable tablet that can be operated by either its 10.1" capacitive multi-touch screen or its built-in, sliding full QWERTY keyboard. Even the addition of a keyboard doesn't weigh this tablet down. The ultra-thin design still weighs only 960 grams. You can use the Slider upright with the touchscreen or as a netbook with the keyboard. The LED backlit display features WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution and it's protected with a full coverage, scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass panel. Plus, the vibrant touch screen benefits from amazing 10-finger multi-touch support and it affords viewing angles from up to 178° on either side.
ASUS has outfitted the Slider with an Android 3.1 Honeycomb operating system, as well as a 1.0GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor. The Tegra 2 facilitates ultra-fast web browsing, quicker response times and more efficient multi-tasking performance. In this day and age, if the tablet can't multi-task smooth and seamlessly, it won't be able to keep pace with our busy lives. This is not a problem for the Slider, since it uses a full 1.0GB of memory to aid the smooth transition between apps and the running of multiple programs at the same time. For storing all your digital media content, the Slider is loaded with 16GB of flash storage, as well as a microSD card slot for memory expansion. If that's not enough, ASUS offers buyers of the Slider one year of complimentary unlimited WebStorage.
Among this tablet's many multimedia frills, the Slider features a mini HDMI port for viewing stored and Internet content on an HDTV in 1080p full HD. Plus, HDMI supports an impressive 5.1 channel surround sound audio output as well. If you're into shooting home movies and taking lots of digital stills whenever the inspiration strikes, then the Slider is the tablet for you. The unique little hybrid features both front and rear facing cameras for shooting the world around you, as well as for video chatting with friends and family. The Slider also has an integrated mic and a high-quality speaker that features supreme SRS Sound with maximum bass response for sharing media right on your tablet's vibrant 10.1" touch screen.
The superior SRS Sound technology actually provides a dynamic 3D stereo audio experience as you watch the latest movies and shows right on your tablet. There's even a 2-in-1 audio jack that affords connection of either headphones or an external microphone through the same 3.5 mm jack. If you're an Internet junkie, you can use the Slider's built-in WiFi to connect to the web at any WiFi hot spot or from the comfort of your own home if you have a wireless network set up. The Slider also supports Bluetooth V 2.1 +EDR, so you can wirelessly connect peripherals to the tablet via Bluetooth. As an added bonus, the Slider is equipped to stream video or audio to a DLNA television or stereo.
Besides great function, the ASUS Slider also affords spectacular style and innovative design. It looks great and feels great in your hands. As you turn the Slider back and forth in your grasp, the G-sensor automatically shifts the view from landscape to portrait orientation. If you need directions, the Slider can act as an E-compass, as well as your average GPS device. There's a gyroscope and an ambient light sensor, which adjusts automatically to the ambient lighting. This intelligent design saves you battery power and money that would typically be spent on energy. The Slider can survive for up to eight hours on a single charge. Plus, the lithium-polymer battery is rechargeable for continuous fun whether you're at home or on the road. Unfortunately, the car charger is sold separately, but the tablet does come with accessories like an integrated tactile keyboard. Plus, the Android OS ensures that you'll never get bored, since the Android App Market grows larger and larger every day - offering hundreds of apps that will help you in the office and entertain you on the long commute home.
- Powerful Entertainment On-the-Go
- Powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor, the Slider affords ultra-fast web browsing, quicker response time and efficient multi-tasking performance. It features 16GB of storage, 1GB of LP DDR2 memory, Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR, and WLAN 802.11 b/g/n wireless connectivity @ 2.4GHz
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb OS with ASUS Waveshare Interface
Google's Android Honeycomb is specially designed and optimized for tablets, and enables a full web experience for on-the-go web browsing, communicating and casual computing. It supports Adobe Flash 10.3 and the ever expanding Android Market. This version of Honeycomb notably allows you to zoom up on older Android apps, such as those only meant for cell phones. These older apps would previously only appear on the tablet's screen in a very small box that was too small to view. So, the zoom function allows you to enlarge the visual interface of the app and play or run it.
The convenient ASUS Launcher allows users to easily launch software, manage content and access online services, and connect devices with a few simple taps. The ASUS Waveshare Interface hosts a variety of unique applications such as MyNet, MyLibrary and MyCloud
- IPS Panel
- The Slider features an IPS Panel made from durable and scratch-resistant Gorilla glass. It's viewable at angles up to 178° and produces a crisp, accurate color range. The 10.1" display features an LED backlight capacitive touch screen with 10 finger multi-touch support and WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- HDMI Output
- Sporting a HDMI 1.3a port, the Slider can connect to an HDTV and 5.1 surround sound system, which allows you to share your stored / Internet content with friends and family - delivering an enhanced multimedia experience
- Slim and Lightweight
- Even though this tablet features a built-in keyboard, it's still slim and lightweight. It is 0.68" thick and weighs only 2.11 lb. At this size, you can take travel with it and either use it upright as a tablet or slide out the keyboard and use it more as a netbook
- Front and Rear Cameras
- A 5.0 Megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1.2 Megapixel front-facing camera can both shoot and record HD video, which can be played back in stunning 1080p full HD
- SRS Sound Technology
- Built-in SRS Sound technology provides a dynamic 3D stereo audio experience, with maximum bass response and a wide sound field from the two discrete stereo speakers housed within the tablet
- Polaris Office 3.0
- Preloaded on the Slider, Polaris Office 3.0 enables users to edit various types of office documents including documents (.doc), spreadsheets (.xls) and presentation (.ppt) files, making the Slider very attractive for professional use
- ASUS Sync
- The included ASUS Sync program allows you to sync your calendar and contacts between the tablet and your PC
- This book-reading software from ASUS aggregates your reading content so that you can easily find and view whatever you want to read on your tablet. It supports ePub and PDF formats for books and you can purchase books through the Google bookstore or @vibe. Plus, you can write notes, refer to the dictionary, convert text to speech, translate text, and create bookmarks
- The MyNet program allows you to play digital media wirelessly from your Slider to a PC, DLNA TV, or DLNA speakers
- With ASUS MyCloud software, you don't need to worry about fitting as much content as you can on your tablet when you travel. MyCloud allows you to remotely access your home PC, access your personal content on ASUS WebStorage, and connect to the @vibe content store. With these options, you can access and upload plenty of music, videos, photos, or data remotely