The ASUS 32GB Eee Pad Slider Tablet (Mocha) is a highly-portable computing solution that can be operated by either its touchscreen or its built-in sliding QWERTY keyboard. With the keyboard, the Slider is a little heavier than some other Eee Pad Tablets; however, it's still no heavier than 2.11 lb and no thicker than 0.72 inches. You can use the Slider upright with the touchscreen or as a netbook with the keyboard. This tablet features a 10.1" LED-backlit, capacitive display, made of scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla glass. The display features 10-finger multi-touch support and has a WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution. Plus, it supports a wide viewing angle of up to 178°.
The Slider runs on the Android 3.2 Honeycomb operating system and is powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor, which provides ultra-fast web browsing, quicker response times, and more efficient multi-tasking performance. To assist in multitasking and running different programs, it utilizes 1GB of LP DDR2 memory. The tablet has up to 32GB of built-in flash storage but you can also access more content via USB on your computer, remotely via ASUS's WebStorage Cloud service (free 1-year trial), and on a MicroSD card inserted into the tablet's card slot.
Among this tablet's many multimedia frills, the slider features a mini HDMI port for viewing stored and Internet content on an HDTV in full 1080p HD with a 5.1 channel surround sound system. There are also front and rear facing cameras that can shoot and record HD video, which makes the mini HDMI output especially useful for viewing your recorded HD video on an HDTV. The tablet also has an integrated microphone so you can use it with the webcams to chat or conference online.
While you watch videos or movies, the built-in SRS Sound technology provides a dynamic 3D stereo audio experience, with maximum bass response and a wide sound field from the stereo speakers integrated into the tablet. The 2-in-1 audio jack allows you to connect either headphones or a microphone.
In terms of wireless communication, the Slider supports WLAN 802.11 b/g/n for Internet access and it also supports Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR. In addition, the Slider can stream content, such as video or music, to a DLNA TV or stereo.
As you turn the Slider in your hand, the G-sensor automatically changes the screen from portrait to landscape mode. The Slider also includes a gyroscope, light sensor, E-compass and GPS sensor. The Li-polymer battery lasts eight hours and the ASUS Waveshare User Interface facilitates quick access to the tablet's software suite of ASUS Android and Google Apps for easier on-the-move computing.
- Powerful Entertainment On-the-Go
- Powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor, the Slider affords ultra-fast web browsing, quicker response time and efficient multi-tasking performance. It features 32GB of storage, 1GB of LP DDR2 memory, Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR, and WLAN 802.11 b/g/n wireless connectivity @ 2.4GHz
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb OS with ASUS Waveshare Interface
Google's Android Honeycomb is specially designed and optimized for tablets, and enables a full web experience for on-the-go web browsing, communicating and casual computing. It supports Adobe Flash 10.3 and the ever expanding Android Market. This version of Honeycomb notably allows you to zoom up on older Android apps, such as those only meant for cell phones. These older apps would previously only appear on the tablet's screen in a very small box that was too small to view. So, the zoom function allows you to enlarge the visual interface of the app and play or run it.
The convenient ASUS Launcher allows users to easily launch software, manage content and access online services, and connect devices with a few simple taps. The ASUS Waveshare Interface hosts a variety of unique applications such as MyNet, MyLibrary and MyCloud
- IPS Panel
- The Slider features an IPS Panel made from durable and scratch-resistant Gorilla glass. It's viewable at angles up to 178° and produces a crisp, accurate color range. The 10.1" display features an LED backlight capacitive touch screen with 10 finger multi-touch support and WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- HDMI Output
- Sporting a HDMI 1.3a port, the Slider can connect to an HDTV and 5.1 surround sound system, which allows you to share your stored / Internet content with friends and family - delivering an enhanced multimedia experience
- Slim and Lightweight
- Even though this tablet features a built-in keyboard, it's still slim and lightweight. It is 0.72" thick and weighs only 2.11 lb. At this size, you can take travel with it and either use it upright as a tablet or slide out the keyboard and use it more as a netbook
- Front and Rear Cameras
- A 5.0 Megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1.2 Megapixel front-facing camera can both shoot and record HD video, which can be played back in stunning 1080p full HD
- SRS Sound Technology
- Built-in SRS Sound technology provides a dynamic 3D stereo audio experience, with maximum bass response and a wide sound field from the two discrete stereo speakers housed within the tablet
- Polaris Office 3.0
- Preloaded on the Slider, Polaris Office 3.0 enables users to edit various types of office documents including documents (.doc), spreadsheets (.xls) and presentation (.ppt) files, making the Slider very attractive for professional use
- ASUS Sync
- The included ASUS Sync program allows you to sync your calendar and contacts between the tablet and your PC
- This book-reading software from ASUS aggregates your reading content so that you can easily find and view whatever you want to read on your tablet. It supports ePub and PDF formats for books and you can purchase books through the Gooogle bookstore or @vibe. Plus, you can write notes, refer to the dictionary, convert text to speech, translate text, and create bookmarks
- The MyNet program allows you to play digital media wirelessly from your Slider to a PC, DLNA TV, or DLNA speakers
- With ASUS MyCloud software, you don't need to worry about fitting as much content as you can on your tablet when you travel. MyCloud allows you to remotely access your home PC, access your personal content on ASUS WebStorage, and connect to the @vibe content store. With these options, you can access and upload plenty of music, videos, photos, or data remotely