The Sirui S-2204-N 4-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod is an excellent camera support choice for travelers who need to pack light – and tight. The fold-flat design means that when collapsed, the tripod's legs line up flush with each other, and the S-2204-N slims down to just 1.6" thick.
Another travel-friendly feature of the tripod is its detachable leg, which transforms into a monopod when you unscrew it from the chassis and attach the mounting plate. A monopod comes in very handy in areas where tripods are not allowed, such as many tourist areas, or in extremely tight quarters.
Composed of eight-layer carbon fiber for lightweight strength, the S-2204-N tripod weighs just 2.9 and supports loads up to 33 lb, accommodating just about any DSLR camera & lens combination, plus many camcorders.
The tripod reaches a maximum height of 55.5" with its center column extended. For low-angle photography, the S-2204-N also comes with a short center column. With that attached and the legs set at their wide angle, the tripod's mounting plate can sit only 7" from the ground.
- Twist locks for leg stages
- Anti-leg rotation system makes setup faster
- Two leg-angle positions can be set for each leg independently, for photography on uneven terrain or for low-angle macro work
- Short center column allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions – minimum height of 7"
- Center column hook allows you to add a ballast for a sturdier setup in windy conditions
- Well-designed padded travel bag with sturdy shoulder strap for carrying