Auto-Tune EFX 2 from Antares is a native based plug-in for real-time pitch correction and for creating the familiar Auto-Tune Vocal Effect. A new Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation processor allows for adding a variety of intricate musical patterns to a track for sonically dramatic vocal effects. The plug-in is powered by the same core technology as the company's Auto-Tune 7, a professional standard.
The plug-in was designed to make almost all functions automatic, thus simplifying the process of vocal enhancement. The software features two different flavors of the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect in addition to the real-time pitch correction. Just select the desired effect type, set the key and scale of the track, and Auto-Tune EFX 2 does the rest.
For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, the user can set up custom scales or use a host's automation facility to allow for the processing of virtually any vocal line.
- Auto-Tune EFX 2's pitch correction works by continuously tracking the pitch of the vocal and comparing it to the notes in a (customizable) scale
- The scale note closest to the input pitch is identified as the target note - if the vocal's pitch exactly matches the target note, no correction is applied
- If the vocal's pitch varies from the target note, either sharp or flat, the output pitch is smoothly corrected to the target note
- The Auto-Tune Vocal Effect is what is technically known as "pitch quantization"
- Instead of allowing all of the small variations in pitch and the gradual transitions between notes that are a normal part of singing, the effect limits each note to an exact pitch, stripping out any variation, as well as forcing instantaneous transitions between notes
- Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation adds intricate musical patterns to a vocal performance
- Patterns are selected from a built-in (and expandable) library in a variety of styles and can be synced to the host's tempo at various beat divisions
- At any point in the vocal track, simply click the Auto-Motion Trigger button to send the vocal on a melodic adventure