The Background Paper Varidrive Set with Gray Chain and Weight from Impact allow you to raise or lower your background paper with a minimum of effort in much the same way as you would raise and lower a flag. The two expandable cores that come with the system are inserted into both ends of your roll and tightened with a tension knob until your paper is securely held in place.
If you prefer your gear drive on the right (as you face your background support system), mount the expansion core's external channel to the background support system. If you prefer your gear drive is on the left, mount the expansion core's internal channel. Once that is accomplished, thread the chain through the gear drive. The chain has a small weight on it to help with stability. Varidrive chains are available in colors to help you distinguish the different drives when using a multiple background assembly. If you own three Varidrive sets, you can use three different background rolls by purchasing an optional Triple Hook Bracket. It should be noted that you should not attempt to mount rolls heavier than 22 lb (10 kg).
- Holds background paper with cores
- Chain drive can be placed on left or right side of paper
- Allows rapid deployment of background paper while working in a studio; eliminates having to clip or tape paper to a wall or ceiling
- Multiple rolls can be mounted on an optional background support system using multiple Varidrive sets
- Each set includes two expandable cores, chain and weight
- Three chain colors are available to distinguish different rolls of paper