The 8x22 VGA Point 'N View Binocular from Barska seamlessly supports a symbiotic relationship between an 8x22 roof binocular and a 0.3 megapixel digital camera. View an exciting, awe-inspiring visual in the binocular and save it for posterity with a VGA still shot or AVI video via the integrated camera. The camera itself has on-board memory of 8 MB SD RAM for saving those awe-inspiring images or videos. The binocular has an 8x magnification with 22mm objectives. A CMOS color image sensor delivers resolutions of 320x240 or 640x480. This camera/binocular combination has a USB 1.1 port compatible with a PC enabling downloading of the media files to a computer.
The 8x22 binocular features a roof prism design with fold-up eyecups allowing comfortable magnified observation for long periods of time without eye-strain whether an eye/sunglass wearer or not. The multicoated lenses enhance the image quality for a more vivid and sharp viewing experience. It has a minimum close focus distance of 16.4 feet or five meters, out until as far as you can see. The Point 'N View is a working combination of a roof prism binocular with a digital camera that is equally at home on a nature outing, sporting event, or vacation.
- Binocular AAoV of 56.1°
- Built-in USB 1.1 port for fast data transfers
- Powered by 2x user-supplied AAA alkaline batteries
- Standard image formats of VGA for stills and AVI for videos
- Blue tinted objective lenses help block glare and excessive ambient light
- 8 MB of on board memory for storing images and video on the unit before downloading
- Up to 640x480 pixels on Hi or 320x240 pixels on Low of image clarity and high contrast
- CD with photo manipulation software is compatible with Win98SE, W2000, Me, XP and Vista
- LCD display, CMOS image sensor with auto white balance and auto power off to add convenience and usability
- Multicoated binocular optics on at least one lens surface reduces light loss and glare due to reflection offering a brighter, higher-contrast image