The Mamiya DM-Series 28Mp DSLR Camera Kit with 80mm D Lens provides you with three components needed to shoot digital medium format, using the Mamiya 645DF system. The camera body included in the kit is Mamiya's 645DF body. It not only provides you with the popular 645 aspect ratio, but the body also boasts a wide range of compatibility when it comes to digital backs and lenses, rendering it an asset far beyond the confines of this kit.
The Mamiya Leaf Aptus-II 28 Digital Back puts a respectable pixel count at your disposal. Definitely more than enough for the commercial shooter, the back is designed for the pro just starting out with a tight budget to consider. That in no way means that the resulting images won't blow your mind. The 28Mp in this back break down in the following ways: the CCD sensor is 44 x 33mm, making it slightly smaller in size than the 22Mp sensor. The pixel count is 6096 x 4558, obviously pointing towards the larger resolution. Uncompressed MOS file sizes (RAW) are 53MB, while compressed RAW files are 31MB. Compatible with the included 645DF Camera Body, the Aptus-II back provides 16 bit high dynamic range color and the ability to render awe-inspiring images, even when tightly cropped.
Along with the included 80mm D lens, the camera body can also shoot leaf shutter lenses, giving you a wide range of shooting options. The variety of compatible lenses include: Schneider leaf shutter lenses, Phase One Digital focal plane lenses, Hasselblad V lenses, and, of course, other Mamiya 645 AFD lenses. From the moment body, back, and lens are put together, your life will be forever changed.
The provided software puts you on the ground running. Phase One Capture One DB is designed for use when tethered to a digital back. It features a sophisticated toolset that thinks like a photographer, lending to intuitive operation, along with a customizable graphic interface. Leaf Capture is also designed for tethered use in high-volume situations, such as commercial fashion and catalog work. In addition to the included software, the downloadable Leaf Remote Capture app for the iPhone 4 and iPod touch expands your flexibility and streamlines your workflow.
More information can be found for each individual kit item here:
- The Power of Four
- Mamiya is proud to announce the exciting collaboration of Mamiya, Leaf, Phase One, and Schneider - the industry leaders in professional digital photography
- There's No Comparison
- The Mamiya 28 megapixel sensor is precision-matched with the world's greatest optics to deliver exquisitely detailed image files, even when tightly cropped. This large sensor provides exceptional color accuracy and 16 bit/channel high dynamic range photographs in just a single capture. Other Digital Backs or small sensor DSLRs simply do not compare
- Dual Shutter Technology
The heart of the system is the "DF" camera-core technology, developed by Mamiya, featuring two user-selectable shutter systems: leaf or focal plane.
In demanding daylight situations, photographers can use one of three optional Schneider leaf-shuttered lenses Sekor AF 55mm f/2.8 LS D, Sekor AF 80mm f/2.8 LS D, and Sekor AF 110mm f/2.8 LS D for predictable high-speed flash synchronization. These lenses can be used to fill-in or overpower even the brightest ambient light.
For more conventional situations, photographers can use the camera's focal plane shutter system and then choose from more than 15 world-class Mamiya optics, which range from 28mm to 300mm.
Regardless of shutter choice, photographers can look forward to faster autofocus technology, as well as improved ergonomics and performance accuracy
- World's Widest Pro Software Compatibility
- Stellar camera performance is of little value without equally powerful software options. Mamiya/Leaf files can be captured and processed using Phase One Capture One (DB) or Leaf Capture (both included), or applications like Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS5/Adobe Camera RAW (sold separately)
- Proven Professionalism
For more than 70 years Mamiya has been synonymous with excellence and innovation for professional photographers throughout the world.
Through dedication, reliability, and unique design, Mamiya continues improving and refining the finest professional photographic products with state-of-art advancements such as superior apochromatic and digital lens technologies, as well as practical, ergonomic camera design
- Proven Modular Systems
- The DM digital camera systems continue Mamiya's reputation of perfecting the professional modular camera system for the ultimate in versatility. Mix-and-match components as needed - perhaps a traditional DM configuration today; then, if you wish, use it with a Mamiya RZ or View Camera system tomorrow (via optional adapters)
- Software Choices
- Mamiya recognizes that outstanding camera performance is of little value without equally powerful software options. Mamiya/Leaf files can be captured and processed using Phase One Capture One or Leaf Capture (both included), or applications like Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS5/Adobe Camera RAW (sold separately)
- Phase One Capture One DB
Capture One DB (Digital Back) is a professional RAW converter and image editing software that gives photographers the ability to reduce the time and effort required to deliver stunning, ready-to-use images that possess excellent color and detail.
Now with tethered shooting support for the Mamiya/Leaf Digital Backs, Capture One features a sophisticated yet intuitive toolset and customizable graphic interface that has become the industry standard for many professional photographers and their clients
- Leaf Capture
Leaf Capture is the fastest tethered workflow application for commercial shooting. It's ideal for high-volume productions on tight deadlines, such as fashion shoots and catalog work.
With the addition of the new Leaf Remote Capture app for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, the Leaf Capture Suite is the professional photographer's ideal tool to quickly and easily move from image capture to print.
The latest versions of Capture One, Leaf Capture, and Leaf Capture Remote are available for download through Mamiya
- Leaf Remote Capture App
The LC Remote app and Capture Pilot for Phase One Capture One software for the Mamiya DM system allows photographers additional creative freedom by enabling one or more Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices to act as remote image viewers. View, zoom, and pan hi-res RAW images from any of the Mamiya DM models, while you shoot tethered to a Mac using the Leaf Capture workflow application or Phase One Capture One software.
Clients can view images for your shoot from the comfort of your Wi-Fi enabled client room. Assistants can check focus even when at a distance from your main computer. Stylists can see what the camera sees - all without crowding around the photographer or main computer area. Imagine the possibilities!
Both LC Remote app, and Capture Pilot are free downloads available through Mamiya