Perhaps you're a pro looking to step-up to a more sophisticated medium format system, or maybe this is your first digital Mamiya, and you're an advanced amateur, student, or beginning professional looking to get an impressive rig. Whatever your case may be, Mamiya presents the DM-Series 40Mp DSLR Camera Kit with 80mm LS Lens for your consideration.
This kit is right smack in the middle of the line of DM-Series kits featuring Leaf Aptus-II digital backs. With it you'll receive the Mamiya 645DF Camera Body, the Mamiya Leaf Aptus-II 40 Digital Back, and the Mamiya Sekor 80mm f/2.8 LS D Lens. In addition to this powerful trio, the venerable imaging company includes Phase One Capture One DB (Digital Back) software and Leaf Capture software.
The Mamiya Leaf Aptus-II 40 Digital Back puts an outstanding pixel count at your disposal. Your images will sing off the print, seeming somehow truer than real life. You'll notice details in your resulting work that even eluded you in the studio while shooting. Compatible with the included 645DF Camera Body, the Aptus-II back provides 16 bit high dynamic range color and the ability to render awe-inspiring images, even when tightly cropped. The specs for this 40Mp powerhouse break down like this: a 44 x 33mm CCD image sensor puts out a 7312 x 5474 pixel count. Uncompressed RAW files are 80MB in size, while compressed RAW files are 56MB.
Along with the included 80mm LS lens, the camera body can also focal plane lenses, making it truly versatile. The wide variety of compatible lenses include: Schneider leaf shutter lenses, Phase One Digital focal plane lenses, Hasselblad V lenses, and Mamiya 645 AFD lenses. The 645DF body is also compatible with multiple digital backs, making future upgrades easier.
The provided software puts you on the ground running. Phase One Capture One DB is designed for use when tethered to a digital back. It features a sophisticated toolset that thinks like a photographer, lending to intuitive operation, along with a customizable graphic interface. Leaf Capture is also designed for tethered use in high-volume situations, such as commercial fashion and catalog work. In addition to the included software, the downloadable Leaf Remote Capture app for the iPhone 4 and iPod touch expands your flexibility and streamlines your workflow.
More information can be found for each individual kit item here:
- The Power of Four
- Mamiya is proud to announce the exciting collaboration of Mamiya, Leaf, Phase One, and Schneider - the industry leaders in professional digital photography
- There's No Comparison
- The Mamiya 40 megapixel sensor is precision-matched with the world's greatest optics to deliver exquisitely detailed image files, even when tightly cropped. This large sensor provides exceptional color accuracy and 16 bit/channel high dynamic range photographs in just a single capture. Other Digital Backs or small sensor DSLRs simply do not compare
- Dual Shutter Technology
The heart of the system is the "DF" camera-core technology, developed by Mamiya, featuring two user-selectable shutter systems: leaf or focal plane.
In demanding daylight situations, photographers can use one of three Schneider leaf-shuttered lenses Sekor AF 55mm f/2.8 LS D, Sekor AF 80mm f/2.8 LS D, and Sekor AF 110mm f/2.8 LS D for predictable high-speed flash synchronization. These lenses can be used to fill-in or overpower even the brightest ambient light.
For more conventional situations, photographers can use the camera's focal plane shutter system and then choose from more than 15 world-class Mamiya optics, which range from 28mm to 300mm.
Regardless of shutter choice, photographers can look forward to faster autofocus technology, as well as improved ergonomics and performance accuracy
- World's Widest Pro Software Compatibility
- Stellar camera performance is of little value without equally powerful software options. Mamiya/Leaf files can be captured and processed using Phase One Capture One (DB) or Leaf Capture (both included), or applications like Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS5/Adobe Camera RAW (sold separately)
- Proven Professionalism
For more than 70 years Mamiya has been synonymous with excellence and innovation for professional photographers throughout the world.
Through dedication, reliability, and unique design, Mamiya continues improving and refining the finest professional photographic products with state-of-art advancements such as superior apochromatic and digital lens technologies, as well as practical, ergonomic camera design
- Proven Modular Systems
- The DM digital camera systems continue Mamiya's reputation of perfecting the professional modular camera system for the ultimate in versatility. Mix-and-match components as needed - perhaps a traditional DM configuration today; then, if you wish, use it with a Mamiya RZ or View Camera system tomorrow (via optional adapters)
- Software Choices
- Mamiya recognizes that outstanding camera performance is of little value without equally powerful software options. Mamiya/Leaf files can be captured and processed using Phase One Capture One or Leaf Capture (both included), or applications like Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS5/Adobe Camera RAW (sold separately)
- Phase One Capture One DB
Capture One DB (Digital Back) is a professional RAW converter and image editing software that gives photographers the ability to reduce the time and effort required to deliver stunning, ready-to-use images that possess excellent color and detail.
Now with tethered shooting support for the Mamiya/Leaf Digital Backs, Capture One features a sophisticated yet intuitive toolset and customizable graphic interface that has become the industry standard for many professional photographers and their clients
- Leaf Capture
Leaf Capture is the fastest tethered workflow application for commercial shooting. It's ideal for high-volume productions on tight deadlines, such as fashion shoots and catalog work.
With the addition of the new Leaf Remote Capture app for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, the Leaf Capture Suite is the professional photographer's ideal tool to quickly and easily move from image capture to print.
The latest versions of Capture One, Leaf Capture, and Leaf Capture Remote are available for download through Mamiya
- Leaf Remote Capture App
The LC Remote app and Capture Pilot for Phase One Capture One software for the Mamiya DM system allows photographers additional creative freedom by enabling one or more Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices to act as remote image viewers. View, zoom, and pan hi-res RAW images from any of the Mamiya DM models, while you shoot tethered to a Mac using the Leaf Capture workflow application or Phase One Capture One software.
Clients can view images for your shoot from the comfort of your Wi-Fi enabled client room. Assistants can check focus even when at a distance from your main computer. Stylists can see what the camera sees - all without crowding around the photographer or main computer area. Imagine the possibilities!
Both LC Remote app, and Capture Pilot are free downloads available through Mamiya