The Magnus 80ED Telescope from Barska, whether viewing Saturn or Mars, the Pleiades or the Moon's Terminator, delivers crisp night sky observing. Packaged with PL6mm and 8-24mm eyepieces the Magnus 80ED can deliver a maximum magnification of 93.33x. The 2" dual speed Crayford-type focuser is combined with a 2" 90° erecting diagonal. A 2"/1.25" adaptor is included allowing eyepiece versatility. It is always preferred to start with a lower powered eyepiece to locate the target and then switch to a higher powered eyepiece for more detail. The erect image diagonal will project the image vertically correct but horizontally reversed. Celestially speaking this is not an issue but when using the scope for terrestrial viewing the erected image is greatly appreciated. The 80mm objective lens, made from Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass, is virtually free of chromatic aberration. Fully multi-coated optics provide crisp, high resolution, distortion free images. A deluxe aluminum foam-lined hard carrying case protects the Magnus during transport and storage. The optical tube is black.
- Dual speed 2" Crayford-type focuser provides focusing with finite precision
- Dielectric coating on the 90° erecting image diagonal results in 99% light transmission
- Two eyepieces, a PL6mm and an 8-24mm, provide versatile viewing of celestial objects
- Deluxe aluminum foam-lined hard carrying case protects the scope during transport and storage
- Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass produces images that are sharp edge-to-edge with no chromatic aberration
- Fully multi-coated optics provide multiple layers on all air to glass surfaces for a brighter, higher-contrast image with less eyestrain