The Philips 8GB Voice Tracer 898 Digital Meeting Recorder can record in mono and stereo MP3 digital formats, as well as stereo PCM. This range enables you to utilize a variety of bit-rates ranging from 8 kbps to 1411 kbps. The Voice Tracer has a built-in 8GB NAND Flash memory, a USB 2.0 port for high-speed data transfer, voice volume indicator, keypad lock and ClearVoice sound enhancement feature. The 898 features dual Meeting Microphones with boundary layer technology for non-directional 360° sound pickup. Plus, the mics feature built-in wire storage for perfect cable length adjustment and a tidy conference table. It also affords the flexibility of multiple bit-rate MP3 and PCM recording. With greater control and more options to choose from, users can find the exact recording format, mode, size and quality desirable for each particular recording session.
Designed for making voice recordings on-the-go, the lightweight and ergonomic Voice Tracer features an integrated high-sensitivity, low-noise microphone and a powerful, dynamic front speaker that facilitates immediate, crystal-clear playback of a recent voice recording. To enhance the quieter voices that are more difficult to hear, Philips provides ClearVoice sound enhancement. As an added convenience, there's a headphone output for privacy and a microphone input for recording via external mic. Aimed at increasing your flexibility, this model includes the Meeting Mics for making higher-quality, stereo recordings in the field.
Since flexibility is as important as portability, the Voice Tracer is equipped with several time-saving and convenient features. You can initiate recordings by voice-activation. During voice-activated recording, the device will automatically begin recording as soon as it detects a voice. When the voice stops, the recording stops. If the voice begins again, the recording will begin again until the feature is switched off. The recorder has instant one-touch recording as well. This allows you to start a recording, even when the whole device is shut down, by simply holding down the record button for a moment and then when the unit turns on - it will instantly start recording.
The 898 is also outfitted with an FM tuner and FM recoding feature, as well as an easy-to-read backlit 1.5" LCD display, which improves menu navigation speed in both regular and poor lighting conditions. Located just above the LCD display is the voice volume indicator for ensuring clear volume feedback and when you're away from the Voice Tracer, there's a keypad lock to protect your files. Even with the dynamic speaker output, high-quality recording options and the array of useful features, the Voice Tracer 898 still only requires two rechargeable AAA batteries to run for up to 50 hours in the SLP recording mode.
- High-Quality Stereo Recording
- Stereo recordings can be made in the popular MP3 format or the high-quality PCM format. The PCM format offers outstanding audio CD-like recording quality and makes listening to your audio files a pleasure, while MP3 offers the most common and widely-used audio format
- 360° Sound Pickup
- The revolutionary boundary layer microphone is, as opposed to other prevalent devices, non-directional. The design allows sound pick-up from a 360° radius, so that no important details are lost
- Adjustable Microphone
- The signal-to-noise ratio of the high-sensitivity microphone is far better than those of standard microphones. Philips has increased the recording sensitivity without compromising sound quality
- Portable & Easy Solution with All-in-One Carry Case
- Light, powerful and easy-to-use solution for recording your meetings. Plus, it comes with an all-in-one carry case that not only neatly stores your recorder, but also keeps meeting microphones well organize and protected
- USB Powered Recording
- To record over longer periods, the Voice Tracer can be powered through USB. Simply connect your Voice Tracer to a USB port and record lectures or conversations without draining the battery
- Built-In Wire Storage
- The innovative meeting microphones offer built-in wire storage and length adaptability for a clean and tidy conference table
- Easy File Organization
- The Voice Tracer digital recorder supports up to 99 recordings in each of four available folders to help organize your files in a fast and simple manner
- FM Radio Recording
- Enjoy your favorite FM radio programs whenever you like, as often as you like. Simply activate the record function when you hear your favorite radio programs and the Voice Tracer records the radio signal in MP3 format
- Large Backlit Display
- The large 1.5" graphical LCD display lets you view all important file information - even in poor lighting conditions - thanks to the white backlight
- Enjoy MP3 & WMA Music Playback
- Store your music collection and downloaded songs onto your Voice Tracer. It supports playback of WMA and MP3 file formats
- Rapidly Transfer Recordings
- Thanks to the fast data transfer enabled by the high-speed USB 2.0 port, transferring recordings to your computer is up to 40 times faster compared with the original USB standard
- Recording with good audio quality at lectures or presentations can be a challenge when you're far away or the speaker is speaking quietly. Luckily, the ClearVoice feature adjusts quiet passages dynamically, thus improving the intelligibility of quieter voices
- Plug & Play
- The recorder features plug-and-play connectivity for Windows, Mac OS and Linux