HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 from Peachpit Press by Pearson Education is part of the Learn by Video series, a video2brain course. It features an interactive video for web designers looking to make the leap to cutting-edge web technologies using Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5. Learn to design modern websites with HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery as well as how to adapt sites for mobile platforms, and how to use CSS media queries to apply different styles depending on screen width.
The lesson files, assessment quizzes, review materials, and the interface design of the video, allows the viewer to jump to various topics and repeat sections as necessary. The unique watch-and-work feature allows the viewer to watch the video in a small window while working alongside it. Project files used in the lessons are included on the disc so viewers can practice what they've learned, and interactive review questions help reinforce freshly gained knowledge.
A printed booklet is included with supplemental material for an enhanced experience.
- Learn which parts of HTML5 and CSS3 you can use now with confidence.
- How to convert existing pages to HTML5 and build new ones from scratch.
- How to create CSS3 effects-such as drop shadows, rounded corners, and transparency-without the need for images.
- How to choose the right CSS selector, knowledge that you'll find indispensible not only for creating style rules, but also for working with jQuery.
- Includes an introduction to jQuery, and demonstrates how to enhance online forms with the help of Dreamweaver CS5.5's built-in code hints for jQuery.
- Selected videos can be downloaded for viewing on iPhones, iPods, and other compatible mobile devices.
- Over 8 hours of video tutorials.
- Lesson files, assessment quizzes, and review materials included with video.
- Watch-and-work feature allows the viewer to watch the video in a small window while working alongside it.
- Video2brain has been Europe's premier source for video training since 2002. We produce English, German, French, and Spanish-language courses on a wide variety of topics, working with some of the best trainers in the world. The English-language team has been creating courses since 2009 and our library now has 178 English-language titles with over 651 hours of training! The centerpiece of our English-language library is the Learn by Video series, created in partnership with Peachpit Press and Adobe Press. Each Learn by Video title includes a full-color book and a powerful testing engine that reinforces what you learn.