Nikon's 1 Nikkor VR 10-30 mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens for CX Format (Silver) is a 3x zoom lens designed for use with the Nikon 1 CX format mirror-less cameras. Its 27-81 mm (equivalent in 35 mm format) range gives you an exceptionally useful range from wide-angle to short telephoto that's ideal for landscapes, portraits, family photos, parties--in fact, probably 90% of all photos. The Vibration Reduction (VR II) system makes it possible to shoot at much lower shutter speeds, with sharper results, than is normally the case. This is especially useful in low-light situations, and when using the longer part of the zoom range (where the slightest movement is magnified in an image).
Using Super Integrated Coating and Vibration Reduction, this lens produces sharp and beautiful images, still or video. Internal focusing makes possible a smaller, lighter lens with a closer focusing distance. Coming in at less than 2" (4.3 cm) in length, and only weighing 4.1 oz (116.23 g) this lens packs a mighty creative wallop in a petite package.
- Compact, Portable, Versatile Standard Telephoto
- A versatile 10-30 mm standard zoom lens perfect for family outings, group shots and portraits, this lens brings precision to most lighting scenarios with a f/3.5-5.6 maximum aperture range (picture angle equivalent of a 27-81 mm in 35 mm format). Vibration reduction (VR II) reduces the chance of blurred photos. Retractable lens barrel mechanism reduces overall size for increased portability.
- Versatility With Wide Angle to Portrait
- Whether the whole family or just a single person, the 10-30 mm is the perfect lens to frame the moment. Versatility and precision are yours when photographing from wide to tight portrait looks. The 1 Nikkor 10-30 mm lens applies three aspherical lens elements to ensure only the highest quality images-even at the widest aperture settings-are obtained. You know most family shots are taken while on the go. Count on vibration reduction (VR II) to keep your pictures blur-free.
- Find the Detail Using 10-30 mm Zoom Range
- Frame that wonderful ocean shot or sun setting over the bridge. A superior all-around lens, the 10-30 mm commands sharp focus with excellent delivery of details in images taken far away. Versatility is yours as you frame wide camera angles, just the way you like or smoothly zoom out until you find exactly the right balance of details to include in your shot.
- Shoot From Afar
- Use the full reach of the 10-30 mm and bring subjects close. For when you cannot get right up to the action, a 30 mm zoom may be just right. Hone in on your subject and hit the shutter. Even at this magnification your photos come out crystal clear and sharp with vibration reduction (VR II).
- Vibration Reduction
- This innovative VR system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed three stops (eight times) faster. It allows handheld shooting at dusk, at night, and even in poorly lit interiors. The lens' VR system also detects automatically when the photographer pans - no special mode is required.
- Aspherical Lens Element
- Aspherical lenses virtually eliminate the problem of coma and other types of lens aberration - even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting the distortion in wide angle lenses. In addition, use of aspherical lenses contributes to a lighter and smaller lens design.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating
- To enhance the performance of its optical lens elements, Nikon employs an exclusive multilayer lens coating that helps reduce ghost and flare to a negligible level. Nikon Super Integrated Coating achieves a number of objectives, including minimized reflection in the wider wavelength range and superior color balance and reproduction.
- Internal Focusing
- Imagine being able to focus a lens without it changing in size. Nikon's IF technology enables just that. All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel. This allows for a more compact, lightweight construction as well as a closer focusing distance.