Nikon's 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Lens (White) for CX Format is a 3.6x zoom lens designed for use with the Nikon 1 CX format mirror-less cameras. Its 81-297mm (equivalent in 35mm format) range gives you a superb telephoto zoom lens, ideal for portraits, landscapes, sports, and action shots. The Vibration Reduction (VR II) system makes it possible to shoot at much lower shutter speeds, with sharper results, than is normally the case. This is especially useful in low-light situations, and when using the longer part of the zoom range (where the slightest movement is magnified in an image).
Using extra-low dispersion glass, Super Integrated Coating, and Vibration Reduction this lens delivers superb images, still or video. Internal focusing makes possible a smaller, lighter lens with a closer focusing distance. Coming in at less than 2.5" (6.35cm) in length, and only weighing 6.2 oz (175.76 g) this lens will never weigh you down.
- Compact Telephoto
- Work with superior zoom coverage and capture high caliber images that run the gamut, from sports action shot from the bleachers, to the most subtle gradations of hair blowing in the wind. Extend your reach with the 30-110 mm (picture angle equivalent of an 81-297 mm in 35 mm format), and isolate subjects from their backgrounds with clarity. IF (Internal Focusing) maintains compactness of size-even when using the zoom.
- Portraits With Impact
- A perfect complement to the 10-30 mm Nikkor 1 lens, the 30-110 mm takes portraiture a step farther. Stunning portraits with soft focus background effects are yours. Compact and easy to carry, realize the most subtle expressions and minute details. 1 Nikkor lens precision offers superior sharpness and color correction-even at the widest aperture. Because portraits are usually taken spur of the moment, there is vibration reduction (VR II) to keep images blur-free.
- Get in Close-Even From Afar
- Get up close and personal to inject panache to your sports photography using the 30-110 mm lens. Equipped with vibration reduction (VR II), this lens separates subjects from their backgrounds-making it a great choice for honing in on subjects and creating photos that are visually vibrant and perfect to upload to your blog or social media sites. Even at the most extended magnification, photos are rendered crystal clear and sharp, making the 30-110 mm a perfect option for fast moving subjects from afar.
- Beautiful Landscape Images Come to Life
- Work with extended zoom range using the 30-110 mm and produce sweeping looks that express your world. Subjects that need to be isolated from their backgrounds, such as a boat at sail, are easy with this lens. Equipped with vibration reduction (VR II) up to four stops, you'll nab every precise color detail seen with dramatic sunsets.
- Vibration Reduction
- This innovative VR system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed three stops (eight times) faster. It allows handheld shooting at dusk, at night, and even in poorly lit interiors. The lens' VR system also detects automatically when the photographer pans - no special mode is required.
- Extra-Low Dispersion Glass
- Nikon developed ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass to enable the production of lenses that offer superior sharpness and color correction by minimizing chromatic aberration. ED glass offers all the benefits, yet none of the drawbacks of calcium fluorite-based glass. With this innovation, Nikon developed several types of ED glass suitable for various lenses.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating
- To enhance the performance of its optical lens elements, Nikon employs an exclusive multilayer lens coating that helps reduce ghost and flare to a negligible level. Nikon Super Integrated Coating achieves a number of objectives, including minimized reflection in the wider wavelength range and superior color balance and reproduction.
- Internal Focusing
- Imagine being able to focus a lens without it changing in size. Nikon's IF technology enables just that. All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel. This allows for a more compact, lightweight construction as well as a closer focusing distance.