Magic Bullet Colorista II from Red Giant is a professional color-grading plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro & After Effects (CS3 and up) and Apple Final Cut Pro (versions 6 & 7). Featuring familiar three-way color wheels and a wealth of advanced tools, the plug-in allows you to apply color effects to your footage and produce consistent, high-quality results – all as a single event on the timeline of your host application.
The ability to follow your established workflow is a wonderful reason to color-correct with Colorista II. Another is the plug-in's expanded feature set, which includes a powerful keyer that makes it easy to adjust individual colors or color ranges. Dual power masks allow you to create shapes within which you can adjust colors while leaving the rest of the frame untouched.
Designed by professional colorists, Colorista II brings professional color-grading tools to non-specialists. Use it within your favorite familiar interface, be it Premiere Pro, After Effects, or Final Cut, and even run it in multiple applications on the same computer.
To be eligible for this upgrade, you must own Colorista 1.x.
- Unleash Color in Your Favorite Timeline
- Colorista II is ready for action with easy-to-use tools that remove the limits and let you experiment. Free yourself from clunky stacks and multiple layers of color correction. A single instance of Colorista in your timeline has all the flexibility you need. The best part is that you stay in your favorite editing applications and move the color grading precisely between them. Let Colorista II unleash gorgeous color correction directly inside your editor – no finishing application required
- Powerful, Playful System Redefines Color Correction
- An innovative three-stage system redefines how you do color correction. The Primary Stage is the first stop for white balance, exposure, and a powerful 8-way HSL correction. In the Secondary Stage you can quickly isolate your talent to fine-tune specific tones or areas with a powerful keyer and a power mask shape. The Master Stage is where you finish color balance and image contrast, or add finesse with a second power mask. Colorista II is a playful, powerful system with infinite opportunities for creative effects
- Huge Toolkit of Features Introduced for Colorista II
- Colorista II adds a significant amount of power with an arsenal of features that are introduced for this version. A dynamic keyer provides exact control over how your shots will look. Eight HSL channels get important colors like flesh tones and blue skies looking exactly right. Use the Pop slider to boost visual sharpness or as an amazing cosmetic cleanup for skin smoothing and blemishes. Highlight Recovery, RBG Curves, improved Auto-Balance and other tools deliver professional, precise color correction
- Powerful Keyer
- Introduced for this version, a powerful, easy-to-use keyer allows you to adjust individual colors or ranges of colors. Create color keys intuitively with a direct sampling interface. Soften, choke, or invert the matte, and use it in conjunction with Power Masks for ultimate control
- Eight HSL Channels
- Getting memory colors looking right is crucial. You have three color adjustment controls for changing Hue, Saturation, and Luminance across eight color ranges. Make your skies look blue and get the skin of your talent just right
- Two Kinds of Pop
- The Pop slider has two very cool uses. Give your image more visual "pop" by increasing the sharpness. Alternately, set Pop to negative values to smooth and clean up skin tones while keeping important detail
- Highlight Recovery
- Highlight Recovery intelligently rebuilds blown-out highlight detail. Now you can save shots by hiding problems like blown-out areas in a sky or on an actor's face
- Two Power Masks
- Two rectangular or elliptical shaped masks can qualify an area to make it ready for a specific color change. Use them separately, together, or with the keyer for powerful effects. For example, correct the fleshtones of two actors in a single pass
- RGB Curves
- Use RGB curves for precision control and smooth, film-like contrast adjustments. These provide a quick way to get a film-like contrast in the shot. Set contrast with a master curve as well as with individual RGB channel controls
- Unique Auto-Balance
- A quick way to correct white balance in your image. Auto-Balance now does black & white balancing with one click to better handle mixed lighting situations
- Image Flip
- This switch is a quick way to flip the shot before color correction. Image Flip makes it simple to deal with some brands of 35mm adapters used on video cameras, such as the Panasonic HVX200 and Sony EX1, that make the camera capture the image upside-down
- Mixing or Soloing of Stages
- Set how much a stage contributes to the overall correction. The mix amount determines the interplay between the original image and a specific stage, giving you an ultimate refinement technique. The Bypass switch turns off all the controls in that state, acting as a "solo" function
- GPU Accelerated & CPU Supported
- Render engine flexibility lets you use Colorista II wherever and whenever you want. As with other Magic Bullet tools, the controls work in floating-point color and use the GPU to accelerate playback and final rendering of results. This feature greatly speeds the output process. Beefy GPU-equipped workstations will provide the best render speed, but laptops or CPU-only render farms can also run Colorista II with confidence
- Move Between Multiple Hosts
- Use the same color-correction tool fluidly between your favorite editors. Colorista II ships as a native plug-in for these major host applications: Final Cut Pro, After Effects, and Premiere Pro