The Blackmagic Design OpenGear Converter - UpDownCross is a SDI signal converter/distributor that's fully compatible with the OpenGear standard, for installation in a rack-mounted chassis. (Blackmagic offers several OpenGear frame configurations – sold separately.) This model performs high-quality signal conversion, whether SD to HD, HD to SD, or one HD format to another – 1080i/p to 720 or vice versa. NTSC & PAL conversion (input and/or output of either) is also supported.
The UpDownCross converter features an auto-switching 3G/HD/SD-SDI input and seven configurable 3G/HD/SD-SDI outputs for flexible, broadcast-quality signal conversion & distribution. There's also a reference input (blackburst & TriSync) and SDI loop output. The converter adapts SDI audio delay to accommodate the video processing in order to keep everything in sync, and it applies an equalizer, re-clocker, and 10-bit de-serializer to the SDI input signal.
You can update and/or reconfigure the OpenGear Converter - UpDownCross in three different ways: via the USB 2.0 connection, over a network via Java-based DashBoard software, or by setting its mini switches.
- Open Architecture Converter
- The OpenGear Converter - UpDownCross is fully compatible with the OpenGear standard. OpenGear is an open standard for rack-mount converters and processing for television broadcasters. Blackmagic OpenGear Converters are compatible with 20-card models of the 2 RU (rack unit) OpenGear frames. Many manufacturers develop OpenGear cards and frames that can be mixed and matched. OpenGear cards are hot-swappable and can be controlled by java-based DashBoard network control and monitoring software on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- High Quality, Low Jitter
- This OpenGear Converter is built to the highest quality standards with low SDI jitter. You get the longest SDI cable lengths a true broadcast-quality solution
- 3 Gb/s SDI Technology
- 3 Gb/s SDI technology is built into Blackmagic OpenGear Converters, and future standards can be uploaded via the USB port. 3G-SDI is also fully compatible with all your SD and HD equipment
- Auto-Switching Inputs: HD & SD
- Blackmagic OpenGear Converters instantly switch between all SD and HD video formats the instant the video input changes. A huge range of standards are supported, and new formats can be added via USB
- Easy to Use
- Blackmagic OpenGear Converters can be set up via mini switches, via a network using DashBoard software, or via USB using Blackmagic Design's Converter Utility. That's three completely different ways to configure, so in a critical live situation, you're never stuck