The E-Films e-HDRM-SSD Portable SSD Recording System for Sony EX Cameras is an outboard solid-state recording solution for Sony EX line cameras that use SxS cards (certified high-performance ExpressCards) for high-definition video recording. The e-HDRM-SSD comprises a 2.5" enclosure for an SSD, a heavy-duty quick-release clamp that connects the enclosure to the camera handle without the need for tools, and a special stainless steel powered ExpressCard that occupies a free slot on the camera and connects (via an attached cable) to the enclosure.
The system allows you to capture much more data than SxS cards hold. Choose the drive capacity that suits your storage needs; a 500 GB SSD, for instance, will hold approximately 30 hours of the highest-quality 35 Mb/s 1920 x 1080 MPEG-2 video that Sony EX cameras capture.
Featuring both USB 2.0 and 3 Gb/s eSATA connections, the e-HDRM-SSD enclosure enables high-speed transfer of recorded video to your editing system. You can swap the enclosure's card in and out of the camera with E-Films ExpressCards, SxS cards, or even other e-HDRM-SSD systems. When you've filled up a drive, you can either offload the data and reuse the drive, or store it away as an instant archive.
Note: Requires a 2.5" SATA I or SATA II SSD (sold separately) for operation.
- Use any SATA I or SATA II 2.5" hard drive with the enclosure
- The ExpressCard cable is attached to the ExpressCard for durability in the field; there's no flimsy mini-USB connector to dislodge or damage
- The ExpressCard is made from rugged stainless steel
- The heavy-duty cable that connects the card to the enclosure features a rugged 5-pin mini-USB connector
- The enclosure offers both USB 2.0 and eSATA connectors for convenience and high-speed transfer in the editing suite
- Supports SATA 1.5 Gb/s transfer speed & high-speed USB 2.0 transfer (480 Mb/s)
- Uses high-speed JMicron chipset
- USB-powered or accepts 5V DC power (DC power supply sold separately)
- Comes with custom zipper case for secure transport