Telestream Episode Pro 6 for Mac with Pro Audio Option is a professional software encoder that supports the input and output of most professional and popular video and audio file formats and codecs. The software provides access to all encoding parameters, but Episode Pro also offers a full set of pre-built settings templates for ease of use: No specialized knowledge of compression is required. Whether your output video is intended for the web, mobile devices, broadcast, DVD/Blu-ray, or for further work in post-production, Episode Pro has you covered.
The software includes all the functionality of its software sibling Episode 6, such as the drag-and-drop interface, the support for 4:2:2:4, 4:2:0, and 10-bit 4:4:4:4, support for 16 audio channels, and frame rate conversion from PAL to NTSC and vice versa, with appropriate pulldown. Other shared features include closed captioning, filters, bumpers, picture-in-picture, two-pass encoding, and support for alpha channels.
On top of that, the Pro version adds several professional features, such as expanded format & codec support, surround-sound encoding (5.1 and 7.1), and, for speedier encoding, the ability to process two jobs in parallel.
This version of the software includes encode/decode support for Dolby Digital (AC3), AAC HE, AAC LC, and AMR pro audio formats.
To be eligible for this upgrade that also adds the Pro Audio option, you must already own Episode Pro 5.
Note! See Specifications tab for complete input/output format support.
- Extensive format support: new media, web, post-production, DVD/Blu-ray, and more – plus support for high-end professional formats
- Ease of use: ships with an extensive collection of professionally designed workflows and encoder presets
- One-Click Clustering: join systems together to share the work. Create workgroups that range from a single system to multiple machine clusters
- Integrated file-sharing: takes the complexity out of distributing work across multiple systems
- Precise control: extensive set of high-quality filters to fine-tune media encoding
- Delivery: FTP, SMB, automatic publishing to YouTube
- Unlimited batch processing
- Fully automated workflows: set the software to monitor local, network, and FTP folders
- Parallel encoding enables parallel encoding of two encoding jobs
- The included Pro Audio Option enables encode/decode of Dolby Digital (AC3), which contains up to six discrete audio channels for 5.1 surround; AAC HE (High-Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding), a lossy data-compression scheme for digital audio defined as an MPEG-4 Audio profile in ISO/IEC 14496-3; AAC LC (Low-Complexity Advanced Audio Coding), which is optimized for low-bit-rate applications such as streaming audio; and AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate audio codec), an audio data-compression scheme optimized for speech coding
Input & Output Formats
- Flash 8 (VP6s, VP6e), Flash 9 (H.264), Windows Media 9 (VC-1, WMA Pro, WMV), MPEG-1, WebM (output only), H.264, all QuickTime formats
- 3GPP, 3GPP2, MP4 (MPEG-4, H.264, AAC), Windows Media 9, MP4
- IPTV/Video On Demand
- H.264, MPEG-2 Transport Streams
- ProRes, DNxHD (input only), XDCAM HD, IMX, DV, DVCPRO HD (input only), QuickTime, AVI, HDV, Motion JPEG
- Apple Devices (Output Only)
- Apple TV: H.264; iPad, iPod, iPhone: H.264, MPEG-4, AAC
- DVD and Blu-ray
- MPEG-2 (output only), VOB (input only)
- Audio Only
- AAC, AAC HE, AAC LC, AC3, AMR, MP3, WMA, M4A, AIFF, MPEG-2 Audio, PCM, WAVE, OGG Vorbis (output only)
- GXF, MXF, MPEG-2 Transport Streams, MPEG-2 Program Streams, AES, BWF