Wirecast Pro 4 for Windows from Telestream is a software solution for switching, producing, and streaming live events at a professional level of production. The software allows you to capture live video from multiple cameras and switch the output to a real-time encoder for Internet streaming, while adding 3D graphics, chroma-keyed video, and even virtual 3D sets. You can also webcast the live video & audio of your computer desktop. For corporate communication teams, government entities, educational institutions, and houses of worship, Wirecast Pro 4 represents a powerful alternative to traditional broadcast.
The software is the bridge between the camera inputs into your laptop or desktop PC and a streaming server. You can use FireWire to input the live output of many DV/HDV cameras or use a USB webcam – or a capture card from Blackmagic Design (Intensity Pro, Intensity Shuttle, and Decklink SDI, Studio, Duo & HD Extreme 3D) or Viewcast (Osprey 240e, 450e, and 700e). This way you can input live or recorded video from HDMI, SDI, and analog camera outputs.
Version 4 of the software supports Teradek's Cube devices, which encode and decode video output from many HDMI- and SDI-enabled cameras for wireless transmission directly to your computer. You also get support for selected wireless IP cameras (Sony SNC-RZ50N, Cisco WVC80N, and Axis P1344, M1104 & 211W) and LiveU video-over-cellular transmission.
Wirecast Pro 4 lets you import graphical elements, switch between multiple cameras, employ picture-in-picture and scoreboards, and even add 3D virtual sets. The real-time encoder outputs to QuickTime, On2 (VP6), and Main Concept H.264 formats so you're ready to feed your streaming server with standard-definition or even HD video. (A basic streaming server is integrated into the software, and it makes it easy to set up your broadcast for the streaming service of your choice.) You can also output video as Windows Media (WMV) files and point the output toward a Windows Media streaming server. Start with just a camera, a computer, an Internet connection and Wirecast Pro 4. Your professionally produced webcasts will then be accessible to anyone online.
- Full-scale video production studio for your desktop or laptop computer
- Capture live video from multiple cameras and control switching between cameras – the software puts no limit on the number of inputs
- Import pre-recorded video, audio, graphics, and slides
- Picture-in-picture enables viewers to see multiple sources, including the presenter/host
- Chroma key (GPU acceleration for real-time green screen production), 3D graphics, and transitions enable the creation of professional-quality webcasts. Generate amazing transitions and effects in real time, including cross-fade, 3D cube, swinging doors, etc.
- User-definable multiple layers – up to 35 layers of live compositing
- More than 30 built-in professional broadcast-quality title themes (lower thirds). Pick your favorite, enter your text and you're done
- Stream live and/or record to disk for on-demand viewing
- Encode to popular streaming formats (Flash, Windows Media, and QuickTime)
- Simultaneous encoding to multiple bit rates for a variety of quality choices
- Webcast your computer's live desktop, including interviews via chat – the integrated Wirecast Desktop Presenter features audio support
- LiveU video-over-cellular transmission backpack integration enables remote broadcasting
- Integration with Teradek Cube, which makes any camera wireless
- Create a virtual TV studio environment with professional-looking 3D virtual sets
- Enhanced audio controls with sync delay
- Scoreboard templates for live sports webcasts
- Source support for selected wireless IP cameras and Telestream Pipeline video capture devices
- Input support for HDV cameras from Sony & Canon
- Interface features audio, shot, and source inspectors as well as a destination editor and program/preview monitor areas (you can also broadcast to an external monitor, depending on your hardware configuration)
- Support for RTMP, RTSP, and MMS streaming protocol