Telestream Episode 6 for Windows is a desktop/laptop software encoder that's supremely flexible; as you'd expect from a professional encoding solution, Episode supports the input and output of most professional and popular video and audio file formats and codecs. It also shines in the workflow department, so once you set up a repeatable task, the software can be your automated silent assistant, churning away in the background.
The software provides access to all encoding parameters, with a real-time preview of results, but Episode also offers a full set of pre-built settings templates for ease of use: No specialized knowledge of compression is required. Whether your output video is intended for the web, mobile devices, broadcast, DVD/Blu-ray, or for further work in post-production, Episode has you covered.
Though it's optimized for processing one job at a time with its 10-bit encoding engine, Episode 6 allows you to spread jobs among several machines via One-Click Clustering, and you can easily distribute work across multiple machines. Episode 6 features a drag-and-drop interface, support for 4:2:2:4, 4:2:0, and 10-bit 4:4:4:4, support for 16 audio channels, and frame rate conversion from PAL to NTSC and vice versa, with appropriate pulldown. Other features include closed captioning, filters, bumpers, picture-in-picture, two-pass encoding, and support for alpha channels. Surround sound encoding is also supported (5.1 and 7.1).
To be eligible for this upgrade, you must already own Episode 5.
Note! See Specifications tab for complete input/output format support.
- Extensive format support: new media, web, post-production, DVD/Blu-ray, and more
- Ease of use: ships with an extensive collection of professionally designed workflows and encoder presets
- One-Click Clustering: join systems together to share the work. Create workgroups that range from a single system to multiple machine clusters
- Integrated file-sharing: takes the complexity out of distributing work across multiple systems
- Precise control: extensive set of high-quality filters to fine-tune media encoding
- Delivery: FTP, SMB, automatic publishing to YouTube
- Unlimited batch processing
- Fully automated workflows: set the software to monitor local, network, and FTP folders
Input & Output Formats
- Flash 8 (VP6s, VP6e), Flash 9 (H.264), Windows Media 9 (VC-1, WMA Pro, WMV), MPEG-1, WebM (output only), H.264, all QuickTime formats
- 3GPP, 3GPP2, MP4 (MPEG-4, H.264, AAC), Windows Media 9, MP4
- IPTV/Video On Demand (Input Only)
- H.264, MPEG-2 Transport Streams
- ProRes (input only, except on Windows Server 2008, which also supports output), DNxHD (input only), XDCAM HD, IMX, DV, DVCPRO HD (input only), QuickTime, AVI, HDV, Motion JPEG
- Apple Devices (Output Only)
- Apple TV: H.264; iPad, iPod, iPhone: H.264, MPEG-4, AAC
- DVD and Blu-ray
- MPEG-2 Elementary Streams (output only), H.264 Transport Streams (output only), VOB (input only)
- Audio Only
- AAC, MP3, WMA, M4A, AIFF, MPEG-2 Audio, PCM, WAVE, OGG Vorbis (output only)
- GXF, MXF, MPEG-2 Transport Streams (all three of these are input only), MPEG-2 Program Streams