The LaCie 240GB Little Big Disk SSD with Thunderbolt is a stellar, compact device, great for storing your multimedia files and taking them with you. This Little Big Disk features a total capacity of 240GB and relies upon two built-in drives formatted in a RAID 0 to give you extra speed.
For connecting to your computer, the Little Big Disk boasts two dual Thunderbolt ports. Each Thunderbolt port can transfer data and video at the same time and each features a theoretical transfer rate of 10Gbps. In practice with these ports and the built-in RAID 0 configured drives, this Little Big Disk can read data at a rate of 480MB/s and write data at a rate of 245MB/s.
With two ports, you can daisy-chain this Little Big Disk to other Little Big Disks or to up to six other Thunderbolt-compatible devices. Daisy-chaining multiple Little Big Disks can also increase your transfer speeds. With the swift read and write speeds and the easy-to-carry size, the Little Big Disk makes for the perfect way to travel with your video, photo, music or data files. It is compatible with Mac computers.
- The Little Big Disk features two drives preconfigured in a RAID 0 striped set as well as the Thunderbolt interface, which offers a data transfer speed of up to 10Gbps. With this combination, this Little Big Disk can reach read speeds of up to 480MB/s and write speeds of up to 245MB/s
- Multiple Devices with Daisy-Chaining
- Because Thunderbolt permits daisy chaining, you only need a single cable (can be purchased under Accessories) to connect multiple Thunderbolt peripherals to your computer. You can even connect up to six compatible devices together. Each Thunderbolt cable provides two channels with 10Gbps of bandwidth, one dedicated for data and the other for video
- MiniDisplayPort Compatible
- Thunderbolt is even mini-DisplayPort compatible. This means you can connect, for example, your high-end LaCie 324i display and your Little Big Disk Thunderbolt Series to your Mac via a single Thunderbolt cable. What's more, data and video signals can be pushed and pulled simultaneously, so you can read and write data at the same time without reducing performance
- Daisy-Chain and Work with Uncompressed A/V Streams
- Because daisy-chaining can give you such high data transfer speeds, the Little Big Disk makes it possible to acquire, edit, and play back multiple uncompressed A/V streams directly from the drive with ultimate ease and portability, no matter the size or resolution of the content
- Daisy Chain Multiple Disks for Even More Speed
- You can even daisy chain multiple Little Big Disks together to increase overall transfer rates. The more products you chain together, the higher performance you get. Daisy chain six Little Big Disks to maximize Thunderbolt interface capabilities and reach transfer rates of near 800MB/s
- Featherweight Powerhouse
The Little Big Disk Thunderbolt Series weighs just 1.4 lbs., making it a portable powerhouse. It fits in the palm of your hand, features its own cooling system, and can be connected to displays and laptops.
In practical applications, you can quickly and easily recall video or photos while out in the field or in the office. For instance, while presenting work to a client, a photographer can browse smoothly through photos in his or her digital libraries while experiencing zero lag time. Away from the studio, a videographer can dramatically reduce the time to publish a project. Footage can be downloaded directly from a compatible camera to the Little Big Disk to start the editing process on the field. The SSD version will be popular with post-production teams thanks to its support for multiple uncompressed video streams and multichannel audio.
- Aluminum Reliability and Security
- The Little Big Disk's advanced dual cooling system ensures safe operation and long-term reliability by keeping the internal components cool. Its solid-aluminum casing provides 60% more surface area, which diverts and dissipates heat more efficiently. It also features a high-performance fan for superior pressure and airflow. For energy conservation, its front power button even lets you turn off the product without breaking a daisy chain