The ultra-compact Kodak PLAYFULL Waterproof Video Camera (Black) is small enough to go just about anywhere, yet sophisticated enough to capture 720p HD video and one-megapixel digital stills. It features an 18MB internal flash memory with an integrated SD/SDHC memory card slot that can expand the memory by up to an additional 32GB. The PLAYFULL is about the size of a credit card and can easily fit into your purse or pocket. It's durable, waterproof up to ten feet, completely dust-proof and drop-proof up to five feet on a hard surface.
It comes with editing software (PC only), but the camera itself is compatible with both PC and Mac. However, it does have editing features like clip trimming and still capture from video clips, which are both built into the camera. There's a USB 2.0 port for high-speed transfers of your footage from your camera to your computer, but you can also remove the SD/SDHC memory card (sold separately) and insert that directly into your computer. Once you've got your footage on the computer, the PC editing software makes it easy to quickly upload and share your videos and digital pictures on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, the Kodak Gallery, Flickr and more
If you're in a hurry to share your footage with friends and family, you can use the integrated micro-HDMI port or A / V jack to watch videos directly from the camera on an HDTV in 720p HD. This requires connection via HDMI, but you can also use the A / V jack to watch footage on the big screen in standard-definition. Plus, there are several other features you can use to get creative with your presentation. You can use color effects like black and white mode, high-saturation, sepia tone and "70's Movie" mode. When you want to review your footage quickly, you can take advantage of the two-inch LCD display to delete shots, playback clips, fast-forward sections, rewind clips, pause scenes and adjust the volume. You can even tag images and instantly email shots to friends and family.
Key Camera Features
- Take 720p HD video just about anywhere and everywhere. You can also shoot video clips in WVGA 848 x 480 resolution for storage-space-saving video recording. Plus, you can capture high-quality one-megapixel JPEG/EFIX v2.3 digital still images as well. When you are capturing video clips or digital stills, you can choose to save them onto the camera's 18MB internal flash storage or save directly onto an inserted SD/SDHC memory card (sold separately) as long the card is 32GB or less
- The PLAYFULL Camera is about the size of a credit card and it weighs only three ounces. Plus, it's durable and built to last by a brand you can trust. Since it boasts such a modern, compact and lightweight design, the PLAYFULL by Kodak is sleek enough to take with you anywhere and small enough to slip into your purse, clutch or even the back pocket of your skinny jeans
- Use cool effects while recording or shooting digital stills. The capture effects include the standard normal color shooting; the old-time feel of sepia tone; the classic, timeless and artistic black & white mode; the unique perspective captured with high saturation mode and there's even the funky and vintage look of the "70's Film" mode
- The PLAYFULL's weather and outdoor ratings include IEC 60529 IPX8, IEC 60529 IPX6 and MIL-STD-810F. Basically this means the camera is waterproof up to ten feet (304.8 cm); it's dust-proof at all times; it's even drop-proof up to five feet (152.4 cm). The drop test was done onto a hard plywood surface
- Review your footage using the Review Mode, which lets you delete shots, playback clips, fast-forward, rewind, pause, adjust the volume, tag images and clips, share shots with friends, email clips/images and add email as well
- Share your video clips and digital still images via Facebook, email, Kodak Gallery, Flickr, YouTube, Twitter, Orkut, Yandex, Kaixin001, and by using Kodak digital frames as well
- You can edit right on the camera by using the "Trim" editing feature, as well as using the Extract feature to extract digital stills from recorded video clips
- There's an integrated USB 2.0 port for high-speed data transfers and a micro-HDMI port for watching your footage on an HDTV in lossless 720p HD with crystal clear AAC-LC audio as well