The B+W 72mm UV 415 Strong Absorbing Filter is a specialized UV filter for blocking ultraviolet radiation up to the limit of visible light. It helps to prevent unsharpness during ultraviolet fluorescence photography caused by chromatic aberrations due to intense UV lighting situations. It also helps to reduce the over-fluorescence that may occur in the cement between lens elements. In addition to these additional benefits, this filter also compensates for the bluish cast of daylight like clear UV filters. It has a filter factor of 1 and requires no additional exposure compensation for normal results.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Counters unsharpness caused by chromatic aberrations within the UV light spectrum.
- The delicate yellow cast of the filter is rendered negligible due to the usual colorful nature of fluorescent subjects.
- Absorbs UV light and reduces bluish cast of daylight.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.