The CMC-TP from Steinberg is a USB based transport controller, part of six USB-powered CMC micro controllers that can be individually combined to create a custom-made Cubase or Nuendo control desk. The controller delivers smooth project navigation and mouse-free recording, while easing the demands of heavy editing sessions.
Aside from 17 buttons and user-definable functions, a high-precision touch-sensitive slider with six modes forms the centerpiece of the Transport Controller, allowing for jogging or shuttling through the project, to tap in the tempo, to scroll, zoom and browse with the convenience of a slide. Red LED lights provide visual feedback of the controller's current position.
The buttons include all of the major transport functions, including play, stop, record, cycle, fast forward and rewind. Additional buttons for inserting markers, setting the locator range or inserting a new track, and more, make the unit a powerful recording and editing assistant. Four of these buttons can hold a second user assignable function.
Note! On the PC, Cubase AI is Windows 7 only.
- USB-powered transport controller
- Functions, including Play, Stop, Record, Rew, Fwd, Cycle, Nudge and Insert Marker
- Touch controller with a cutting-edge capacitance slider design
- Touch slider provides control for jog, shuttle, locate, scroll, zoom, metronome and tempo
- Four user-assignable function keys
- Includes download version of Cubase AI, a compact version of the Cubase music production system