The CMC-CH from Steinberg is a USB based channel controller, part of six USB-powered CMC micro controllers that can be individually combined to create a custom-made Cubase or Nuendo control desk. The adoption of the icons and color scheme found in Cubase allows the user to immediately feel at home with the lightweight, compact and effective control unit.
The controller is the hardware equivalent of the Cubase channel section. Sixteen illuminated rubber buttons, one green-lit rotary encoder, and a high-resolution touch fader provide hands-on control over the major channel-related functions in Cubase and Nuendo, including record arm, solo/mute, pan and volume. Red LED lights provide visual feedback of the controller's current position. Eight buttons can hold a second, freely assignable function that is accessed by pressing the Shift button.
The multi-colored function buttons are an intuitive and time-saving alternative to using the computer mouse or the keyboard. Access VST instrument settings, solo and mute tracks, bypass EQs, sends and inserts or freeze a channel. The Channel Select button allows for browsing the entire Cubase mixer, while the rotary encoder provides direct access to the pan setting and provides visual feedback via the integrated LED light.
Note! On the PC, Cubase AI is Windows 7 only.
- USB-powered channel controller
- High-precision touch fader with visual feedback
- Direct access to major channel control functions, including volume, pan, mute, solo, automation read/write, channel select
- 16 buttons, one knob and one touch fader with multi-colored visual feedback
- Eight user-assignable function buttons
- Includes download version of Cubase AI, a compact version of the Cubase music production system