The CMC-AI from Steinberg is a USB based AI knobcontroller, part of six USB-powered CMC micro controllers that can be individually combined to create a custom-made Cubase or Nuendo control desk. The AI Knob is a helpful "point and control" knob offering speed when editing parameters and adjusting settings. It complements the flexibility of a computer mouse, rather than trying to replace it.
The mouse is simply moved over a parameter, which is then automatically placed under full precision control of the AI Knob, with no need to make any additional settings in Cubase, any additional software module, or on the interface itself. Adjust plug-in and track parameters using fingertips, create elaborate volume curves or browse sounds and presets effortlessly. Additionally, four user-assignable function buttons allow the user to adapt the unit to their specific needs.
There are two special working modes In addition to the AI mode that further enhance the unit's capabilities. In the Volume mode the AI Knob turns into a high-precision master volume control, while the Jog mode equips the knob with intuitive jog functionality. Plus, by pushing the AI Knob once the Browse function is activated, allowing for selecting presets and sounds from pop-up dialogs with a turn of a knob.
Note! On the PC, Cubase AI is Windows 7 only.
- USB-powered AI Knob controller
- AI Knob adjusts software parameters selected by computer mouse
- Volume mode allows AI Knob to adjust the value of the master fader and Jog mode equips the knob with intuitive jog functionality
- Browse mode allows AI Knob and arrow keys to search and select a preset in the browse window
- Four user-assignable function buttons
- Includes download version of Cubase AI, a compact version of the Cubase music production system