The CMC-FD from Steinberg is a USB based fader controller, part of six USB-powered CMC micro controllers that can be individually combined to create a custom-made Cubase or Nuendo control desk. Four, high-precision touch faders include LED-based metering, solo/mute function and two operation modes, allowing the unit to speed up the mixing workflow.
Ultra-high resolution of up to 1,024 steps allow for fine-tuning any volume level with precise accuracy. The unit can also function as a level meter - once in the Meter mode, red LED lights indicate the exact volume levels of the selected tracks. And navigation through the Cubase mixer is as easy as pressing the Channel Select or Bank Select buttons and directly jumping to the desired channels or whole groups of channels.
For even more convenience, channels can be muted or soloed by simply pressing the Shift button and tapping onto the respective touch strip. Up to four CMC-FD units can be combined to build a sixteen-channel touch control desk. For perfect usability, a layout management system remembers the arrangement of the CMC units on the desktop.
Note: On the PC, Cubase AI is Windows 7 only.
- USB-powered 4-fader controller with 1024-step resolution
- Touch controller features an innovative capacitance fader design
- Tapping on fader with depressed "Shift" key toggles between channel's solo and mute
- Meter mode lets red LED strip of touch controller indicate volume level
- Up to 4 CMC-FD controllers can be connected simultaneously
- Includes download version of Cubase AI, a compact version of the Cubase music production system