National Optical and Scientific Instruments, Inc. presents the Model 101 Compound Microscope. Designed for use in the field, this budget-friendly, portable microscope works equally as well in the classroom or other setting. The combination of 33x magnification and a 4x achromatic objective lens bring specimens into clear view.
Other optical system factors include the Huygenian 10x eyepiece, a working distance of 24mm, and a 140mm focal length. The lucite prism and silver reflective coating make the most of ambient light for illuminating specimens. The focusing tube slides smoothly up and down, and features a built-in stop to prevent it from hitting specimens. The stage features locked-on, spring activated clips for keeping your slides secure.
- Optical System
- Huygenian 10x eyepiece
- 4x achromatic objective lens
- 140mm focal length permits 33x magnification with supplied lenses
- Working distance 24mm
- Optical tube slides smoothly up and down in spring fit metal bracket. Built-in stop prevents tube from sliding down into specimen slides
Lucite prism with silver reflective coating is permanently positioned and mounted beneath stage to direct ambient light from below and through specimen mounted on stage
Stage: Stage is 95mm wide x 80mm deep, with locked-on, spring activated stage clips
- Cast aluminum stand, with chrome plated brass fittings
- Inclination joint permits positioning of eyepiece for most comfortable viewing angle
- Height: 10" / 255mm
- Net weight: 2.25 lb / 1kg