The National Optical and Scientific Instruments Model 104-CLED Compound Microscope is a budget-friendly microscope for elementary students. The 104-CLED features oversized focusing knobs and a slip clutch to prevent damage to the device, along with a rack stop to protect specimen slides and objectives, making it designed for children.
When it comes to optics the 104-CLED provides 40x, 100x, and 400x magnification, and three achromatic, color-coded objectives at 4x, 10x, and 40xR. The widefield 10x eyepiece has a revolving pointer and is inclined to 45° for easy viewing. It also rotates 360°.
The microscope uses LED light with a 50,000 hour life for cool burning illumination. The cord wraps around the microscope for easy storage and an on/off switch on the base allows for easy operation by students. The light is also safe, featuring a 3-wire grounded cord and plug.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer, 45° inclined for viewing ease when seated
- Head rotates 360°
- Achromatic, color-coded 4x, 10x, 40xR objectives mounted on precision revolving objective turret, 40x, 100x, and 400x magnification
- LED light rated up to 50,000 hours life, cool burning illumination equal to a 20 watt tungsten bulb. Base-mounted on/off switch and heavy duty 3-wire cord. Convenient "grabber" clip on plug lets you wrap the cord around microscope and secure in place by pushing cord into clip for easy storage. No bulky cord hanger needed
- On/off switch on top of base
- Heavy-duty 3-wire grounded cord and plug
- Oversized focusing knobs provide mid-range focusing between normal coarse fine focus range
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focus mechanism
- Rack stop protects objectives and specimen slides
- 3.5 x 3.25" / 88 x 82mm
- Locked-on, spring activated stage clips
- Substage disc diaphragm
- Rugged cast metal frame, gray enamel finish
- Height: 11" / 278mm; Net Weight: 3.7 lb / 1.7kg