The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 109-L Compound Microscope is both budget and kid friendly! Parred down for use by young scientists, the 109-L features a child-appropriate design, ensuring the microscope will last for years to come.
Made from rugged metal, the 109-L has a grey enamel finish. Rack and pinion focusing allows small hands to focus with ease, while the slip clutch protects the device from over-turning. Additionally, the rack stop prevents damage to slides and lenses. Additionally, the 115V, 15W sub stage illuminator can be easily controlled with the permanently mounted on/off switch.
When it comes to optics the 109-L provides students with 40x, 100, and 400x magnification. Color coded 4x, 10x, and 40xR objectives bring the specimens on the slide into clear view, along with help from the widefield 10x eyepiece. The head is inclined 45° and rotates 360° for ergonomic viewing and sharing.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer
- 45° inclined head for ease of viewing when seated
- Head rotates 360°
- Color coded 4x, 10x, 40xR objectives provide 40x, 100x, and 400x magnification
- Revolving triple nosepiece with positive click stops for easy, precise magnification changes
- 115V, 15W sub stage illuminator with on/off switch permanently factory mounted
- Rack and pinion focusing
- Slip clutch protects focusing mechanism from over-turning
- Tension adjustment eliminates focus drift
- Rack stop prevents damage to slides and lenses
- Coarse and fine focus
- 3.5 x 3.25" / 88 x 82mm stage with locked-on, spring activated stage clips
- Disc diaphragm
- Rugged cast metal with inclination joint, gray enamel finish
- Height: 11.75" / 295mm; Net weight: 3.7 lb / 1.7kg