The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 131-CLED Compound Microscope is a budget-friendly model designed for high school students. Featuring cool-running, long-life LED illumination and safety considerations, the 131-CLED is both easy-going and tough.
The LED light is rated at up to 50,000 hours, and its cool burning illumination is equal to that of a 20 watt tungsten bulb. Safety features ensure the longevity of the microscope. The slip clutch prevents damage to the focus system, from over turning, while the safety rack prevents damage to slides and objective lenses. The tension adjustment eliminates stage drift, while the low position coarse and fine focusing controls allow students to get an accurate view with ease.
The widefield 10x eyepiece features a revolving pointer and sits on a 45° inclined viewing head. The head also rotates 360° for sharing by multiple students. The 131-CLED has three objectives for optimal viewing: 4x, 10x, and 40xR. Additionally, the specimen stage moves up and down, while the eyepiece and body remain fixed. Locked-on, spring mounted stage slips ensure that specimens stay on the stage.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 45° inclined viewing head rotates 360° for easy repositioning of eyepiece and sharing by more than one student
- DIN 4x, 10x, and 40xR objectives are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, color coded
- 3-hole nosepiece is ball-bearing mounted for more precise alignment, has positive click stops
- LED light rated up to 50,000 hours life, cool burning illumination equal to a 20 watt tungsten bulb. Base-mounted on/off switch and heavy duty 3-wire cord. Convenient "grabber" clip on plug lets you wrap the cord around microscope and secure in place by pushing cord into clip for easy storage. No bulky cord hanger needed
- Low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Large 4.3 x 4.7" / 110 x 120mm stage, with locked-on, spring mounted stage slips, drilled and tapped to accept optional mechanical stage
- Built-in 0.65NA condenser lens
- Calibrated 5-hole disc diaphragm
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish
- Base: 5.25 x 7" / 133 x 175mm
- Height: 14.2" / 360mm; Net weight: 6.8 lb / 3.1kg