The 131-CLED-MS Compound Microscope from National Optical is a versatile user-friendly compound microscope designed to facilitate teaching at the high school level using the standard format used in schools through grade twelve. This updated model features an LED stage illumination system for long-life and minimal heat output. The student-proof design decreases the likelihood of lost parts or mishandling.
This model of the 131-CLED is configured with an inclined 10x eyepiece for easy viewing when seated, achromatic 4x/10x/40x objectives mounted on a rotating turret, and low position knobs for precise focusing between coarse and fine focus ranges. The included mechanical stage is a useful graduated specimen holder with top-mounted x/y controls for precise positioning of slides and other objects on the viewing stage.
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer
- 45° inclined eyepiece
- 360° rotating head
- Achromatic 4x, 10x, 40x objectives
- 3-hole ball bearing mounted nosepiece
- Durable 14" (36 cm) cast metal frame
- Built-in 0.65NA condenser lens
- Large 110 x 120mm stage with locked-on, spring-mounted stage clips
- Graduated mechanical specimen holder
- Low position coarse and fine focusing controls with slip clutch, tension adjustment, and rack stop
- Cool LED (20 watt tungsten equivalent), up to 50,000 hour bulb life
- Heavy-duty grounded power cord
- On/Off switch