The 131-MS Compound Microscope from National Optical is a versatile user-friendly compound microscope designed to facilitate teaching at the high school level using the standard format used in schools through grade twelve. The student-proof design decreases the likelihood of lost parts or mishandling.
This model of the 131-MS is configured with an inclined 10x eyepiece for easy viewing when seated, achromatic 4x/10x/40x objectives mounted on a rotating turret, and low position knobs for precise focusing between coarse and fine focus ranges. The included mechanical stage is a useful graduated specimen holder with top-mounted x/y controls for precise positioning of slides and other objects on the viewing stage.
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer
- Achromatic parfocalled and parcentered 4x, 10x, 40x objectives
- 3-hole ball bearing mounted nosepiece
- 45° inclined eyepiece
- 360° rotating head
- Durable 14" (36 cm) cast metal frame
- Graduated mechanical specimen holder
- Large 110 x 120mm stage with locked-on, spring-mounted stage clips, calibrated 5-hole disc diaphragm
- Low position coarse and fine focusing controls with slip clutch, tension adjustment, and rack stop
- 115v 20w tungsten incandescent with condenser lens and blue filter
- Heavy-duty grounded power cord
- On/Off switch