The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 132 Compound Microscope is a versatile and budget-friendly device designed for use through grade 12. Built tough, with considerations for the classroom, you'll find the 132 enhances learning, while standing up to the daily wear and tear exerted on instruments by teenagers.
Perhaps the most noticeable feature of the Model 132 would be the diagonal and vertical viewing tubes, which allow two people to view the same specimen. Whether for sharing with a teacher or another student, these 30° inclined tubes lend themselves to effective learning. Additionally, the tubes also rotate on the 360° rotating head. The vertical tube also permits mounting of an optional video camera or 35mm still camera.
The Model 132 also features DIN 4x, 10x, and 40xR achromatic, parcentered, parfocalled, color-coded objectives, which allow students to get an accurate view of specimens. A 3-hole nosepiece that is ball-bearing mounted enables more precise alignment, while the built-in 110V, 20W illuminator brings specimens into clear view.
When it comes to focusing, the Model 132 offers a number of options, designed with students in mind. The stage moves up and down while the eyepiece and body remain fixed, while the tension adjustment eliminates stage drift. The low position coarse and fine focusing controls feature a slip clutch which prevents damage to the focusing system by over-focusing.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 45° inclined viewing head rotates 360° for easy repositioning of eyepiece and sharing by more than one student
- DIN 4x, 10x, and 40xR objectives are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, color coded
- 3-hole nosepiece is ball-bearing mounted for more precise alignment, has positive click stops
- Built-in 110v 20 watt illuminator, condenser and blue filter, base-mounted on/off switch, heavy duty 3-wire cord
- Low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Large 4.3 x 4.75" / 110 x 120mm stage, with locked-on spring mounted stage clips, drilled and tapped to accept optional mechanical stage (Model 132-MS)
- Built-in 0.65NA condenser lens
- Calibrated 5-hole disc diaphragm
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish
- Height: 13.5" / 340mm; Net weight: 6.8 lb / 3.1kg
- Vertical eyepiece 15.25" / 400mm