The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 132-SPMS Compound Microscope sets itself apart from the other 132's in the series with an extra vertical eyepiece. This tube also permits the mounting of an optional video camera or 35mm still camera. Designed for use by students through grade 12, this microscope is both versatile and cost-effective, allowing for sharing by more than one student.
The both tubes in the Model 132-SPMS have widefield 10x eyepieces with revolving pointers. Both sit on a 360° rotatable head - for easy sharing - while the vertical tube is slanted at a 30° incline. The vertical tube also has a diopter adjustment. The tubes lead to the 4 DIN 4x, 10x, 40x, and 100xR objectives.
A built-in 110V 20 watt illuminator provides a clear view of each mounted specimen. The on/off base switch makes it easy to control the light for students. Of course other safety features also help to ensure the long life of the 132-SPMS. The slip clutch prevents damage to the focusing system, while a safety rack prevents damage to the objectives or specimen slides. The stage moves up or down for enhanced viewing, while the eyepiece and body remain fixed. What's more, the microscope is made from rugged cast metal, tough enough to stand up to daily wear and tear.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- Vertical and 30° inclined viewing head rotates 360° for easy repositioning of eyepiece and sharing by more than one student
- Vertical viewing tube has diopter adjustment, positioned low for easier camera mounting
- DIN 4x, 10x, and 40xR objectives are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, color coded
- 4-hole nosepiece is ball-bearing mounted for more precise alignment, has positive click stops
- Built-in 110v 20 watt illuminator, condenser and blue filter, base-mounted on/off switch, heavy duty 3-wire cord
- Low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Large 4.3 x 4.75" / 110 x 120mm stage, with locked-on spring mounted stage clips, drilled and tapped to accept optional mechanical stage (Model 132-MS)
- Built-in 0.65NA condenser lens
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish
- Height: 13.5" / 340mm; Net weight: 7.8 lb / 3.5kg
- Vertical eyepiece 15.25" / 400mm