The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 134-CLED Compound Microscope is an enhanced version of the company's most popular microscope for middle and high school classrooms. The 134-CLED is designed with LED illumination for more light efficiency, cool operation, and a long life. In addition, this instrument features student-proof construction and easy-to-use features.
The 134-CLED prevents over focusing with the coarse focusing slip clutch. A safety rack works to prevent damage to slides and objective lenses, while the tension adjustment eliminates stage drift. Of course, the rugged cast metal construction gives the microscope the strength it needs to handle the daily wear and tear of students.
The 45° inclined viewing head features a widefield 10x eyepiece with a revolving pointer. The head also rotates 360° for sharing with other students or for reverse position viewing. Four DIN standard objectives provide students with multiple options for getting the best view of specimens. The achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, color-coded objectives are 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR in strength.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 45° inclined viewing head rotates 360° for easy repositioning of eyepiece and sharing by more than one student
- DIN 4x, 10x, and 40xR, 100xR objectives are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, color coded
- 4-hole nosepiece is ball-bearing mounted for more precise alignment, has positive click stops
- Built-in LED, delivers greater light and longer life than standard tungsten bulbs. Virtually heat free operation
- Base mounted on/off switch, heavy-duty 3-wire cord
- Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed
- Coarse focusing has slip clutch to prevent damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Large 4.75 x 4.75" / 120 x 120mm stage, with professional quality, low profile mechanical specimen holder with low-position coaxial x-y controls
- Built-in 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish
- Height: 14.5" / 365mm; Net weight: 7.4 lb / 3.4kg