The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 155 Compound Microscope is a cost-effective option for the educational setting. Featuring a monocular viewing tube at a 45° incline, a safe, tough design, and respectable optics, the 155 is ideal for the daily wear and tear of the classroom.
That inclined monocular viewing head rotates 360°, allowing the microscope to be shared by more than student. Inside the tube is a widefield 10x eyepiece with a pointer. Three DIN standard objectives provide students with multiple viewing options, at 4x, 10x, and 40xR, in turn giving access to 40x, 100x, and 400x magnification. The Model 155 also features cool running 5W fluorescent illumination with a 10,000 hour rated bulb.
The microscope's safety features ensure its long life. The slip clutch prevents damage to the focusing system, while the safety rack prevents damage to slides and objective lenses. And while the stage moves up and down, the tension adjustment eliminates drift, and the body and eyepiece remain fixed. Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls also allow students to get an accurate, clear view of specimens with ease. Finally, the 155 is made from rugged cast metal. In addition to the limited lifetime warranty, you're guaranteed an instrument that's built to take the daily abuse of students.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 45° inclined viewing head rotates 360° for easy repositioning of eyepiece and sharing by more than one student
- DIN 4x, 10x, and 40xR, 100xR objectives are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, color coded
- 4-hole nosepiece is ball-bearing mounted for more precise alignment, has positive click stops
- Built-in LED, delivers greater light and longer life than standard tungsten bulbs. Virtually heat free operation
- Base mounted on/off switch, heavy-duty 3-wire cord
- Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed
- Coarse focusing has slip clutch to prevent damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Large 4.75 x 4.75" / 120 x 120mm stage, with professional quality, low profile mechanical specimen holder with low-position coaxial x-y controls
- Built-in 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish
- Height: 14.5" / 365mm; Net weight: 7.4 lb / 3.4kg