The National Optical & Scientific Instruments 155-MS Monocular Compound Microscope is an advanced model designed for use in high school labs. Highlights include a full size frame, 5W fluorescent illumination, crisp optics, and a lifetime warranty.
The DIN standard objectives include 4x, 10x, and 40xR lenses for 40x, 100x, and 400x magnification. A 3-hole objective turret facilitates smooth, precise changes. For student's comfort, the 155-MS also has a 45° inclined monocular with a widefield 10x eyepiece. The monocular can be rotated 360° for sharing with other students as well.
Other features of the 155-MS include a movable stage for focusing, and multiple safety mechanisms that protect the instrument from damage. Illumination for the microscope is provided by a 5 watt fluorescent bulb. This bulb produces virtually no base heat, and is rated at 10,000 hours.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with pointer. Accepts optional #965- 160 eyepiece reticle
- 45° inclined monocular viewing head rotates 360° for easy sharing by more than one student
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.) and 40xR (0.65 N.A.) objectives are supplied for 40x, 100x and 400x magnification. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 3-hole objective turret, reverse position, ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed
- Slip clutch prevents damage from over focusing
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Built-in 5 watt fluorescent illumination, delivers greater light and longer life than standard 20 watt tungsten bulb. Virtually no base heat. 10,000 hour rated bulb
- Base mounted on/off switch, heavy-duty 3-wire grounded electrical system and plug
- 0.5A time delay fuse