The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 160 Compound Microscope is designed for university and laboratory use, as evidenced by its numerous features, including a lifetime warranty. The 160 has a 45° monocular viewing head which rotates 360° and features a widefield 10x eyepiece.
The microscope includes the following DIN standard oil immersion objectives: 4x, 10x, 40xR, and a 100xR. These objectives provide 40x, 100x, 400x, and 1000x magnification. A ball-bearing mounted quad objective turret provides smooth, precise positioning of objectives as well.
When it comes to illumination, the 160 features a 12V, 20 watt halogen light source with a variable rheostat control. Focusing includes coaxial course and fine focusing controls. The coarse control has a tension adjustment while the fine is graduated.
The built-in, low-profile stage is 5.5 x 5.25" inches in size. It features low-position coaxial controls and fine gradation movements for precise viewing. The 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack and pinion focusing, an iris diaphragm, and a swing-out filter holder with clear, blue, green, and yellow filters.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x /18mm eyepiece, pointer standard in one eyepiece. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 45° inclined monocular viewing head rotates 360° for easy sharing by more than one student
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR oil immersion (1.25 N.A.) objectives. Choose from achromatic, super high contrast, or plan. All are parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- Quad objective turret is ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise positioning of objectives, features textured rubber knurling for easy grip. Mounted in reverse position to facilitate ease in changing slides
- 12V 20 watt halogen with variable rheostat control
- Illuminated on/off switch, 3-wire grounded cord and plug
- 0.5A time delay fuse
- Coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls, coarse has tension adjustments, fine is graduated
- Large 140mm x 135mm (5-1.2 in. x 5-1/4 in.) stage; built-in, low profile, ball-bearing mounted mechanical specimen holder with low-position coaxial controls, 70mm (x) by 50mm (y) movement with graduations of 0.1mm
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack & pinion focusing, iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder with clear blue, green and yellow filters supplied
- Rugged cast aluminum, gray enamel finish
- Base dimensions: 7-1/4 x 9-1/4" / 185mm x 235mm
- Height 16-1/2" / 420mm; Net wt: 13.9 lbs / 6.3kg