The National Optical and Scientific Instruments Model 162 Compound Microscope is a high-quality model, designed for use in universities and laboratories. Boasting a wide number of features, including oil immersion objectives and a lifetime warranty, the 162 is up to the tasks of education, research, and more.
The optical system of the 162 is based around 4 DIN standard oil immersion objectives, including 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR. A 30° inclined binocular viewing head, with widefield 10x eyepieces and a pointer (in one eyepiece), rotates 360° for easy sharing. A quad objective turret that is ball-bearing mounted aids in precise positioning of objectives and features rubber knurling for an easy grip.
The 162 is illuminated by a 12V, 20 watt halogen light. The convenient on/off switch and a 3-wire grounded cord and plug ensure conservation of energy and ease-of-use. The light illuminates the specimen, which sits on a large 5.5 x 5.25" stage, which bears multiple features, including low-position coaxial controls.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x / 18mm eyepieces, pointer standard in one eyepiece. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- Binocular viewing head with 30° inclined eyepieces, with dual diopters, interpupillary adjustment 54mm to 76mm, rotates 360° for easy sharing by more than one student
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR oil immersion (1.25 N.A.) objectives. All are parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- Quad objective turret is ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise positioning of objectives, features textured rubber knurling for easy grip. Mounted in reverse position to facilitate ease in changing slides
- 12v 20 watt halogen with variable rheostat control
- Illuminated on/off switch, 3-wire grounded cord and plug
- 0.5A time delay fuse
- Coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls, coarse has tension adjustment, fine is graduated
- Large 5-5 x 5.25" (140mm x 135mm) stage; built-in, low profile, ball-bearing mounted mechanical specimen holder with low-position coaxial controls, 70mm (x) by 50mm (y) movement with graduations of 0.1mm
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack & pinion focusing, iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder with clear blue, green and yellow filters supplied
- Rugged cast aluminum, gray enamel finish
- Base dimensions: 7.25 x 9.25" (185mm x 235mm)
- Height: 15.25" (395mm); Net weight: 14.7 lbs (6.7kg)