The M-Patch 4 from SM Pro Audio is a passive volume control/switcher that is designed for monitoring and recording setups that require talkback. The unit is an ideal all-in-one solution, performing tasks that include monitor control with mute, mixing, level-matching, headphone monitoring, stereo- to-mono summing, and talkback. All of this is done without adding any coloration or noise due to the controller's 100% passive circuitry.
Multiple input signals can be connected and routed to various destinations, while controlling levels via a series of rotary volume attenuators. Control room outputs are automatically ducked 20 dB when talkback is engaged, using the built-in microphone, or another microphone of choice. Either can be activated from the front panel or via a remote switch.
Multiple switches provide mute, source selection, output assignments and stereo/mono operation. The main volume control is constructed with discrete 0.5% resistors using a switched mechanism that is far more accurate than using variable resistors, especially at low volumes. The chassis is suitable for either desktop use, or can be rack mounted using the included rack ears.
- Dual Left/Right balanced combination XLR-1/4" TRS inputs
- Dual Left/Right unbalanced RCA inputs
- Dual 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS stereo inputs
- Three Left/Right balanced XLR outputs
- Left/Right 1/4" TRS outputs
- Left/Right unbalanced RCA outputs
- Precision stepped film resistor master rotary volume control
- 1/4" TRS headphone output with selectable source
- Built-in talkback microphone
- External microphone input
- Talkback with auto-ducking
- Dual output selector switches
- Stereo/mono and all mute switches
- Rackmount ears included