The Model 163 Trinocular Compound Oil Immersion Microscope from National Optical and Scientific Instruments is a high-end instrument designed with university and laboratory use in mind. Boasting a large number of features, including a lifetime warranty, the 163 is sure to be an asset to your institution for many years to come.
The optical system of the 163 is centered around the trinocular viewing head which is comprised of 30° inclined binocular eyepieces and a vertical monocular tube. The entire viewing head rotates 360° for easy sharing with other students or co-workers. Removable of the vertical tube permits mounting of optional DSLR or video adapters for documentation of work.
The DIN standard oil immersion objectives include the following: 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR. These objectives provide magnification of 40x, 100x, 400x, and 1000x. A quad objective turret is ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise positioning of objectives and has textured rubber knurling for an easy grip.
Illumination for the 163 is provided by a 12V, 20 watt halogen bulb with a variable rheostat control. The illumination is controlled by an on/off switch and a 3-wire grounded cord and plug. Focusing is provided via coaxial coarse and fine controls. The coarse control has tension adjustment, while fine is graduated.
Another check in the plus column for the 163 is its large 5.5 x 5.25" stage. The specimen stage is ball-bearing mounted and features low-position coaxial controls, with movements in gradations of 0.1mm. Additionally, the 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack and pinion focusing, an iris diaphragm, and a swing-out filter holder with clear, blue, green, and yellow filters.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x /18mm eyepiece, pointer standard in one eyepiece. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- Trinocular viewing head with 30° inclined binocular eyepieces with dual diopters and interpupillary adjustment 54mm to 76mm, and vertical monocular tube with third eyepiece, rotates 360°. Vertical tube removes to permit mounting optional SLR or video adaptors. 3-position sliding rod directs light 100% to binocular eyepieces, or 100% to vertical tube, or 70% to vertical tube and 30% to binocular eyepieces
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR oil immersion (1.25 N.A.) objectives. All are parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- Quad objective turret is ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise positioning of objectives, features textured rubber knurling for easy grip. Mounted in reverse position to facilitate ease in changing slides
- 12V 20 watt halogen with variable rheostat control
- Illuminated on/off switch, 3-wire grounded cord and plug
- 0.5A time delay fuse
- Coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls, coarse has tension adjustment, fine is graduated
- Large 5.5 x 5.25" (140mm x 135mm) stage; built-in, low profile, ball-bearing mounted mechanical specimen holder with low-position coaxial controls, 70mm (x) by 50mm (y) movement with graduations of 0.1mm
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack and pinion focusing, iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder with clear blue, green and yellow filters supplied
- Rugged cast aluminum, gray enamel finish
- Base dimensions: 7-1/4 x 9-1/4" / 185mm x 235mm
- Height: Inclined eyepiece, 15" / 380mm; Net weight: 15.8 lb / 7.2kg; Vertical eyepiece, 18" / 455mm