The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 211 Compound Microscope is a cost-effective device designed for use in educational settings. Featuring cool LED illumination, a 360° rotating head, and rugged construction the 211 is both easy for kids to use and strong enough to withstand daily wear and tear.
The microscope's widefield 10x eyepiece sits within a 45° angled monocular viewing tube. This tube is positioned on the aforementioned 360° rotating head. The tube of course leads to DIN standard objectives at 4x, 10x, and 40xR. These objectives supply the viewer with 40x, 100x, and 400x magnification.
Helping to provide a clear and accurate view of specimens it the 211's built-in LED illumination. Delivering more light than a standard 20 watt bulb, the LED light virtually gives off no heat and boasts a 50,000 hour bulb life. A base mounted on/off switch allows for easy operation.
The 211 also ensures a long life for the microscope itself thanks to built-in safety features. The slip clutch prevents damage to the focus system caused by over focusing. A tension adjustment prevents stage drift. And the safety rack stop prevents damage to both the objective lenses and the specimen slides. Of course the microscope also comes with a limited lifetime warranty for peace of mind.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 45° inclined monocular viewing head rotates 360° for easy sharing by more than one student
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.) and 40xR (0.65 N.A.) objectives are supplied for 40x, 100x and 400x magnification. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 4-hole objective turret, reverse position, ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Built-in corded LED illumination, delivers greater light and longer life than standard 20-watt tungsten bulb. Virtually no base heat. 50,000 hour rated bulb
- Base mounted on/off switch, heavy-duty 3-wire grounded electrical system and plug
- 0.5A time delay fuse
- Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- 5.25 x 5.25" / 135 x 135mm stage, mechanical stage with low-position coaxial x-y controls