The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 212 Compound Microscope is a cost-effective device designed for use in educational settings. Featuring cool LED illumination, a 360° rotating head, and rugged construction the 212 is both easy for kids to use and strong enough to withstand daily wear and tear.
The microscope's widefield 10x eyepiece sits within a 45° angled monocular viewing tube. This tube is positioned on the aforementioned 360° rotating head. The tube of course leads to DIN standard objectives at 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR. These objectives supply the viewer with 40x, 100x, 400x, and 1000x magnification.
Helping to provide a clear and accurate view of specimens it the 212's built-in LED illumination. Delivering more light than a standard 20 watt bulb, the LED light virtually gives off no heat and boasts a 50,000 hour bulb life. A base mounted on/off switch allows for easy operation.
The 212 also ensures a long life for the microscope itself thanks to built-in safety features. The slip clutch prevents damage to the focus system caused by over focusing. A tension adjustment prevents stage drift. And the safety rack stop prevents damage to both the objective lenses and the specimen slides. Of course the microscope also comes with a limited lifetime warranty for peace of mind.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 45° inclined monocular viewing head rotates 360° for easy sharing by more than one student
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.) and 40xR (0.65 N.A.) objectives are supplied for 40x, 100x and 400x magnification. Model 212 also includes 100xR (1.25 N.A.) oil immersion lens for 1000x magnification. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 4-hole objective turret, reverse position, ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Built-in corded LED illumination, delivers greater light and longer life than standard 20-watt tungsten bulb. Virtually no base heat. 50,000 hour rated bulb
- Base mounted on/off switch, heavy-duty 3-wire grounded electrical system and plug
- 0.5A time delay fuse
- Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- 5.25 x 5.25" / 135 x 135mm stage, mechanical stage with low-position coaxial x-y controls