The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 215 Advanced Binocular Compound Microscope is suitable for both educational and professional use. Featuring a number of noteworthy highlights, including a lifetime warranty, the 215 is guaranteed to serve your institution well, for many years to come.
The 215 has four DIN standard objectives: 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR. These supplied objectives produce 40x, 100x, 400x, and 1000x magnification. Other optical features include the 30° inclined binocular viewing head with widefield 10x eyepieces and 360° rotation that enable sharing.
When it comes to focusing, the microscope provides precise viewing while ensuring safe use. Coaxial and fine focusing controls give an accurate view, while the slip clutch prevents over focusing and thus damage to the system. Other safety features include a tension control that eliminates stage drift and the safety rack stop with keeps slides and objective lens free from damage.
The 215 also boasts cool running LED illumination. Powered by rechargeable batteries, the LED light can be recharged up to 1000 times. A single 8 hour charge provides up to 50 hours of use. Additionally, the recharge adapter shuts off automatically when batteries are fully charged, preventing overcharging.
- Optical System
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 30° inclined binocular viewing head rotates 360° for easy sharing by more than one student
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR (1.25 N.A.) objectives are supplied for 40x, 100x, 400x and 1000x magnification. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 4-hole objective turret, reverse position, ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Cool running LED light with intensity control rated up to 50,000 hours of life
- Rechargeable batteries can be recharged up to 1000 times
- 8 hour charge provides up to 50 hours of use
- Recharge adapter shuts off when batteries are fully charged to prevent overcharging and permits conventional light operation by plugging into an electrical outlet